Im starting to wonder if I should wait a while and cancel my pre-order till the bugs are worked out.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1010034832

no, you should be good. the kimber solo is designed for 124 grain self defense HP ammo. the booklet with the gun also states this. just dont run cheap 115 grain range ball ammo through it like that guy and you should have no problems. just like how GI 1911's are designed to run efficiently on ball ammo, and people wonder why you have problems running HP ammo in them.

That makes sense. However, on the same note if your spending that kinda money should it not have any limitations? seems like its a problem that may manifest itself at the wrong time. a 96% failure rate is kinda ridiculous. Hi-points dont even have that much of an issue. Ill wait to see more than just one review though before I make my final decision. just in case he did, in fact, get a lemon.

we went to our local FFL to pickup the kimber solo we ordered last week. (gun actually belongs to my father, "michaelgee" here on the forum).

we went to the range, and decided to try out the gun. first impression is that this is an awesome little pocket rocket. trigger is exceptional, as well as the feel, weight, and size. the capacity leaves a bit to be desired, but with the 9mm cartridge a little bit of confidence is restored.

as for reliability, we tried many different kinds of hollow point ammo, as well as some FMJ ammo we had. this thing ate up whatever we threw at it! accuracy was exceptional for a gun of this nature. another note is that this gun fits a kel-tec p11 holster well enough to get by until more is available on the market.

shooting video, shooting a little faster than i usually would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QjK9OG4AY

one mag per spot, again, not really taking my time, but not getting in a hurry either.

357953838_photobucket_6310_.jpg

this is 2 mags from the solo. this is taking my time and getting the shots right.

357953838_photobucket_6309_.jpg

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Damn dude nice shootin and holy shit that gun is sexy as shit

wait till you see ti with the custom grips im making for it right now......... these guns arent even supposed to be sold yet.... custom grips arent available anywhere on the market for it yet.. so ive probably got the only modified kimber solo in the world.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Damn dude nice shootin and holy shit that gun is sexy as shit

wait till you see ti with the custom grips im making for it right now......... these guns arent even supposed to be sold yet.... custom grips arent available anywhere on the market for it yet.. so ive probably got the only modified kimber solo in the world.

lol nice fuck i cant wait 2 more years to be 21 so i can get my damn concealed

Archived