Sonic Electronix

What figures do I need to build a box and how can I get these figures? I have a spec sheet that came with my sub stating the Qts, Frequency, Vas, Xmax, Ported box volume in cu. ft, minimum-maximum box volume in cu. ft and port dimensions in inches also I would like to add that is my going to be my first box build so I have no idea how to start at all and i'm confused on what numbers to enter into a calculator.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-310/

download the calculator in this thread, it tells you the aspects of the box needed, you put in what you want and it does the calculations for you, thats for getting box dimensions and tuning

as far as what is recommended for your sub, any reputable company offers recommendations on the box, manual, website

if you plan to underpower it, you will want a box larger than recommended, and if you will over[power it (only do this if you have experience) you will want a smaller box, if you plan to be right around reocmmened specs, make a box roughly around recommended size

hope this helps a bit

Roughly using the min and max sizes of where you plan on putting the sub enclosure at. So if you happen to have a trunk then try using the dimensions of the trunk to come up with the recommended size enclosure you need. other things to consider when making a box is to keep from making squares and cubes with single and double sub set-ups as they tend to add unwanted noise in a musical set-up vs. burp boxing.

What sub or subs do you have and what kind of vehicle will they be going in?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I have one 12" sub and it's going to be for a hatchback but I would like something that would work well in a trunk enclosure too. Will it make a difference whether I use all the hatch space or the minimum hatch space? Cause I don't store anything except for the sub in the back...

Length is 32 inches width is 17 inches depth is 17 inches

Archived