Sonic Electronix

Quck battery question...

Lemme get this straight, if i have a stock alt, but a high capacity deep cycle battery, The battery will handle the amount of current my sound system draws that the alternator can't handle right? Which brings me to this:

What happens when i drive say, 20 minutes, bumping the whole time? If the sound system is over-drawing the alternator, then the battery will not be charging, and when i shut the car off the battery will be too low to start the car?

And substitute any amount of time, i mean, let's say i drive an hour, then i could potentially kill the battery completely, and have to shut the system off to allow the alt to charge the battery before i shut the car off??

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Lemme get this straight, if i have a stock alt, but a high capacity deep cycle battery, The battery will handle the amount of current my sound system draws that the alternator can't handle right? Which brings me to this:

What happens when i drive say, 20 minutes, bumping the whole time? If the sound system is over-drawing the alternator, then the battery will not be charging, and when i shut the car off the battery will be too low to start the car?

And substitute any amount of time, i mean, let's say i drive an hour, then i could potentially kill the battery completely, and have to shut the system off to allow the alt to charge the battery before i shut the car off??

This is why people run battery banks. And yes you can do exactly what you are saying happens to a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing, we call those people....noobs....LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

This is why people run battery banks. And yes you can do exactly what you are saying happens to a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing, we call those people....noobs....LOL

No, a battery bank would be the same problem. I could have 15 batteries, but without a H/O alt they wouldn't charge, and eventually this would happen. This is why people have H/O alternators, not battery banks. Woulda been really awesome if you answered that question without insulting me. Thank you for that.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Couldnt you charge the battery on a charger before putting it in your car?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

No, a battery bank would be the same problem. I could have 15 batteries, but without a H/O alt they wouldn't charge, and eventually this would happen. This is why people have H/O alternators, not battery banks. Woulda been really awesome if you answered that question without insulting me. Thank you for that.

Ha, Battery banks keep the voltage constant longer. Sure an HO alt is necessary but for what you are asking and you seem to know the answer anyway, so why even make this post...

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db