Sonic Electronix

DIY Amps- Anyone ever mess with these?

From Parts Express. I have seen these quite a few times. They are new for 2010, so they been around for awhile. I was wondering on anyones input on these.

May be able to do some custom work with these, in door 4 channel amps, home theater, etc, almost endless capabilities

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=320-302&utm_source=Retail&utm_medium=Email_Newsletter&utm_content=320-302&utm_campaign=email012011

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=320-300

There is also lower power kits, but these are the only two that catch my attention

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i like it... except one part. 10-30v with a max output of 100w rms. so itll only do 100w at 30v? and 10%thd at 4ohm 100w. at least this is what i saw for the 1st one.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^ I think the amps are PWM, so no matter what voltage goes in from 10 - 30v, they put out 100w maybe PWM is the wrong term,

I know its not 15v 50w and 30v 100w

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^ I think the amps are PWM, so no matter what voltage goes in from 10 - 30v, they put out 100w maybe PWM is the wrong term,

I know its not 15v 50w and 30v 100w

im just curious, not questioning you, but how do you know that?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

these would be a lot of fun to play with still. upgrade some components, design your own cooling, see if you can get more power, better sound, etc.

crazy that it does more power at 8ohm than 6ohm but the most power at 4ohm lol. and more efficient at 4ohm.

Edited by skittlesRgood

Yeah, I cant find anything honestly, manual, or in the video

I looked at customer reviews, all I can find is the S/N Ratios, and THD

And your right power at 6 ohms is lower than 8 or 4 ohms. I cant explain that, that well lol

All I can assume is the heatsinks/fans are for when driven at lower power, more amp draw, more heat build up, so the fans are used.

In home they want you to use a 24v or 12v ac to dc converter

sundown.jpg

They're very legit. Tripath chips are excellent.

I might grab 1 or 2 to play with. They do 75w @ 4 ohms @ 1% THD and ~150w into 2 ohms.

They use a regulated variable duty power supply as far as I can tell to keep the rail voltage constant regardless of input - the same as Soundigital amps.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!