Sonic Electronix

1/2" roundover bit on 3/4" mdf?

How dumb of an idea would it be for me to remove the screws after the glue dries and then roundover?

Thats what I do. I always use screws when I am building. Then take em out when the glue dries. At that point its just extra weight.

lol, hardly any extra weight though. Let's be honest. Unless you're one of those guys that put a screw every inch. haha

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

And to make it look real nice either fill the hole where the screw was and sand, or countersink the screw and use filler over the top. Then sand and paint B)

Exactly what I was gonna do, fill the holes, sand and paint :drink40:

How dumb of an idea would it be for me to remove the screws after the glue dries and then roundover?

Thats what I do. I always use screws when I am building. Then take em out when the glue dries. At that point its just extra weight.

Good shit

here's what the 3/4" roundover looks like

sellpics080.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Those look nice. Will using say a 1/2 roundover leave any ridges on my material? Or will the roundover simply be a smaller radius?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I picked up a 3 piece roundover bit set from Home Depot, one of which was a 1/2" and it looks like it's gonna be just fine for rounding over all the external edges based on test runs I made using all the bits on some scrap mdf I had laying around. 3/8" would be fine too but I prefer the bigger bite of the 1/2" for the outer edges. My port wall got rounded over with the 3/8" and it's perfect for that.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived