Sundown Audio

amp is having a problem.. need help

Craig28

If it's an amp worth repairing then go that route. Locally would probably be a lot cheaper but there is db-r

http://www.db-r.com/

But don't give up just yet, maybe they want you to buy an amp from them. You did take it to them working, how is it that all of a sudden it just broke?

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

If it's an amp worth repairing then go that route. Locally would probably be a lot cheaper but there is db-r

But don't give up just yet, maybe they want you to buy an amp from them. You did take it to them working, how is it that all of a sudden it just broke?

yeah theyre blaming it on me though. they said that it was arcing because of bad connections, which isnt my fault because i disconnected everything before i took it in. they want me to buy a 1200 watt kicker amp, which is definitely not enough for my xxx

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

but it isnt anything power related that blew, its the fuckin inputs that dont work.

TEAM DC

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

yeah theyre blaming it on me though. they said that it was arcing because of bad connections, which isnt my fault because i disconnected everything before i took it in. they want me to buy a 1200 watt kicker amp, which is definitely not enough for my xxx

so if everything turns on, and no bass, then check your power wire. if your remote wire is connected to it, it can turn on the amp, but wont play music without the power wire. make sure the RCAs are not connected to where it says "output", and like the person above said, double check your wiring from the sub to the amp, which if you wired a negative to a positive, nothing would be heard.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

What amp is it, and also if you can get some gut pics, and see if anything looks burnt

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

so if everything turns on, and no bass, then check your power wire. if your remote wire is connected to it, it can turn on the amp, but wont play music without the power wire. make sure the RCAs are not connected to where it says "output", and like the person above said, double check your wiring from the sub to the amp, which if you wired a negative to a positive, nothing would be heard.

they called and said it didnt work with their test bench's subs either.

TEAM DC

im gonna go get it and take the sub out and check the wiring...

TEAM DC

haha I could have told you that they were going to tell you something was wrong lol they just want comission from you, I'd be like thx and take it home and connected it yourself

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

okay so now i have a question. he says he took my xxx and wired it to 4 ohms, and then bridged this kicker amp to 2 ohms so its getting about 1200 watts. all i can find about the amp is 850w MAX at 4 ohms bridged. it doesnt even say anything about 2 ohms. what the hell am i supposed to tell this guy

TEAM DC

Oh man.

GET YOUR CAR BACK FROM THAT CROOKED-ASS SHOP ASAP!!!

They are trying to fuck you eight ways to Sunday with no lube or even a goddamned reach-around.

If you had the subs wired for a four-ohm load there is NO WAY they can wire it to 2 ohms.

They're just taking you for a ride to try and get you to buy their shit.

Too many projects, too little time...