Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Sub placement in Sonoma ext cab


Recommended Posts

Posted

So Ive done several installs before but Im still a little lost about this one. Im doing an install for my brother in his Sonoma. Its an extended cab and Ill be putting one of my old 15" Type-Rs in it. Im not sure how to orient the port and sub. I know I could try out a bunch of different ways but I neither have the time nor patience for that. So what has everyone had the best luck with in small ext cab trucks?

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Posted

I always do sub up/port up. I have built lots of boxes for x-cab S10's. I usually do amps on the front (facing the seats) due to the lack of room. If it were my truck I would be putting the sub sin the bed :drinks:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Posted

I would be doing a blow through if it were mine but for some reason he doesnt want my sawzall near his truck. Weird. Haha.

Well if sub up port up works well Ive already got the old box from my SA Z15 in the attic.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6960 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...