Also, a cam that's rated in upper RPM band is top end cam, not a top speed cam.

This is more of a drag only car, as it makes all the power in the upper band. Usually where drag cars are in.

A 1500-5000rpm cam is a good street/strip cam.

A 3500-700rpm is mostly a strip cam.

well thats exactly what i said... but it you have a higher rpm cam then all your power is produced at higher rpms which you need to be going fast to get to, thus being more of a top speed. but like i said before, you want a street/ strip, so find a lower rpm cam made for torque more then horse power

MSD=May suddenly die. ;)

Upgrade ignition, distributor, and wires won't gain much if done without any other major upgrades.

And I can ramble off numbers also, but that doesn't mean shit.

Also, I know what I shiftkit is, as should most car people. Still this won't be much good unless added with other upgrades. But it should help with the life of the transmisson.

There is a million little things you can do.

Check out other vettes and figure out what's best for you.

thats funny, but yes an upgraded ignition will make i huge difference. especially if you put a chip in that car also.and msd has never failed or given me problems before. its the best out there in my opinion. oh and if you know so much about this motor and such, you would know that there is no distributor on it. im not here to argue, im just giving advice to someone who asked for it, and because i know what im talking about i feel thats its my place to give it to him. just trying to help him in building his car to what he wants on a budget..

thats funny, but yes an upgraded ignition will make i huge difference. especially if you put a chip in that car also.and msd has never failed or given me problems before. its the best out there in my opinion. oh and if you know so much about this motor and such, you would know that there is no distributor on it. im not here to argue, im just giving advice to someone who asked for it, and because i know what im talking about i feel thats its my place to give it to him. just trying to help him in building his car to what he wants on a budget..

I meant as a whole. I'm not a chevy person, I forget they got that whack shit, optispark IIRC. that has a million problems. Just slipped my mind.

Just cause you haven't had one fail doesn't mean anything, why do you think nascar runs a backup? I'm not saying there terrible, but I hear a lot of horror stories.

Still if you got a 100% stock motor, a ignition isn't going to give you much performance. Now for nitrous, or forced induction, it will help more.

I'm not about to run nitrous. 1st it's crazy illegal and I have no room in my car. My system is to big

^ is nitrous really illegal? (not being a smart-ass) i know a couple people running it (nitrous exprees and zex kits), is it iilegal in every state or just some?

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Archived