Sundown Audio

Deciding between 2 amps

robster_craws

I'm replacing the Kicker 10" L5 under my back seat with a 12" or 15" FI Q or a TC Sounds LMS-R in a custom (obviously) center console box in my Ram QuadCab and I need help deciding which amp to get. I was going to use my Earthquake 2300 (Hohmann PA series-not the new crap) but that damn amp drinks current like David Hasslehoff at an open bar and I dont plan on buying a higher output alt (my stock one is around 140amps I think). I've been looking around and I can get a SoundStream Rubicon 1.1600d for just over 200 on fleabay that will push which ever sub I get pretty well with plenty of leftover headroom and drink alot less juice than the earthquake (class D vs class A/B ), OR, I have a guy that will sell me his Atomic 1800.1D for less than I can get the Rubicon for. I know that both of these amps are kind of overkill but I like having the extra avalible on tap if I need it, besides a smaller amp doesn't cost that much less really since we're only talking about around 200 bucks. Do I get the Atomic or the Rubi ? Thanks guys.

both are good amps can you get a wareenty for the rubi if so Id go for that just cause of that if not the other amp cheaper

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Idk about the LMS, but it'll move the Q :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Why do you want the Q ? You seem to look for output, get a BL from Fi, if you want this brand. You should love it.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I want it to get loud sure, But I want it to sound decent more than the spl. My kicker L5 10 in a 1.4 ft3 ported box got loud but sounded like shit on anything other than synthesised bass. Thats why im going larger woofer with alot more power, still get loud but sound more accurate due to higher quality speaker.

Archived