Sonic Electronix

Please Help! Horrible Alternator Whine!!!!

Ok so recently I have taken out my whole stereo except my two front mids trying to diagnose why I get such bad whine through my speakers. I bought a brand new Pioneer deck yesterday to try and see if that would help. It greatly improved the SQ of my mids and highs and made everything sound way better, so I was happily confident that the problem was finally fixed. I just got home from school and went to hook my woofer back up, untill I ran into the same problem as before.

Any time I have two sets of RCA's (For instance, SW & F, F&R, R&SW etc.) plugged into my deck, I get LOUD alternator whine through my stereo. I have checked every single ground and connection in my truck and not one of them is close to loose at this point. It doesnt matter what two amplifiers I use, ANY time there are TWO sets of live RCA's plugged into the deck, its just nasty whine. I'm fed up and at my wits end with this and dont know what to do. Help me!

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Sounds like one of your rca's aren't grounded and may need to be replaced. I would try to figure out which rca it is and maybe add a ground loop isolator?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Ok so recently I have taken out my whole stereo except my two front mids trying to diagnose why I get such bad whine through my speakers. I bought a brand new Pioneer deck yesterday to try and see if that would help. It greatly improved the SQ of my mids and highs and made everything sound way better, so I was happily confident that the problem was finally fixed. I just got home from school and went to hook my woofer back up, untill I ran into the same problem as before.

Any time I have two sets of RCA's (For instance, SW & F, F&R, R&SW etc.) plugged into my deck, I get LOUD alternator whine through my stereo. I have checked every single ground and connection in my truck and not one of them is close to loose at this point. It doesnt matter what two amplifiers I use, ANY time there are TWO sets of live RCA's plugged into the deck, its just nasty whine. I'm fed up and at my wits end with this and dont know what to do. Help me!

Are your amps grounded far apart? It might be a ground loop that for some reason the new HU picks up,...ground them as closely as possible. Also don't wind up slack in your RCA into a loop, do it in a zig-zag or S. Check your RCA to see if they are grounded well. check the wiring on the HU, in case one came loose or something, could pick up noise.. I'm almost certain it's because of where your amplifiers are grounded, two live RCA grounded to two different points will create a nasty ground loop, i'd say the ground loop isolator might help.. Sorry if none of that applies to you. Just troubleshooting.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

644225.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

644225.jpg

Really shouldn't have to do that though.... but it'll work... lol

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery