Sonic Electronix

To fix voltage drop is to produce enough current to keep the voltage up.

Adding/upgrading batteries will help keep it above 12 volts but will be still drop.

If you want 14volts with hardly any drop, you need to upgrade alternator, or add another one.

If you don't mind the dropping but can live with it being at battery voltage, upgrade and add a battery.

Adding/upgrading batteries will help keep it above 12 volts but will be still drop.

If you want 14volts with hardly any drop, you need to upgrade alternator, or add another one.

If you don't mind the dropping but can live with it being at battery voltage, upgrade and add a battery.

thanks for the info. but do you think a rockford 1500 could draw that much? and maybe its my meter that is crap?

i had this amp in my dodge at 2ohm and it barely dimmed lights. would changing to 1ohm make that much of a difference?

DD 9515

Rockford 1500-1

Pioneer 4200UB

Knu 1/0

PSN = iHEART_daCLIT

i had this amp in my dodge at 2ohm and it barely dimmed lights. would changing to 1ohm make that much of a difference

big diffrence from 1 ohm to 2 ohms also how old is your stock alt it might be getting wore out and is this one of the new constant power models

Only DC Dealer In Alaska

Different cars different electrical systems.

If your dropping below 12 volts your using all your current your alternator is producing and draining your battery.

I say upgrade alternators with a respectful company. You shouldn't have any more problems.

Adding batteries will only put a banaid on the problem IMO, you need more current, not storage.

Rockford amps tend to be power hungry. I would upgrade the front battery with the biggest battery that can fit there, also do the big 3.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

thanks for the info. but do you think a rockford 1500 could draw that much? and maybe its my meter that is crap?

i had this amp in my dodge at 2ohm and it barely dimmed lights. would changing to 1ohm make that much of a difference?

can be double the power from 2ohm to 1ohm so ya, big difference.

test the stock meter. get yourself a DMM and check your voltage at the amp. see if its dropping as low as the stock meter says.

you can get a DMM from home depot, radio shack, and lowes. they can be $10-200+

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Different cars different electrical systems.

If your dropping below 12 volts your using all your current your alternator is producing and draining your battery.

I say upgrade alternators with a respectful company. You shouldn't have any more problems.

Adding batteries will only put a banaid on the problem IMO, you need more current, not storage.

What's the point in a big ass alt if you have no decent battery to get topped up with any extra power you aren't using? Unless you're going to have your car running every time you play music, you'd be better off with batteries. And batteries can supply way more current than an alt can for shorter amount of times. You could pull 1,000 amps from a big battery for a few seconds with no problem, you can't do that with an alt though without putting heaps of strain on it.

Batteries supply current, as do alts. If you didn't have current, you wouldn't have power, you wouldn't have freaking electricity. Batteries just store their power in a chemical form, while alts convert movement into it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.