Sonic Electronix

i have been really, really pleased with the way my SE 10s sound in terms of SQ with the capabilities of getting very loud. i highly recommend the SEs to anyone..they sound like they fit perfectly for the type of system you are going for. get the two SE12's...i think u will like them.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Thanks for the advice guys! Im sereously considering SE`s! But god damn there is not a single person here in norway (that i know of) Who has Fi subs! And ive grown quite fond in them, how everyone says they sound and how freekish loud they are!

And as for the music i am into its mostly r&b - techno - metall!

So im concerned about the tuning of the box, as how i have no idea witch tuning im goin for!

I was thinkin high 30`s!

Aleks.

Hertz - Pioneer - Zealum

for jeezy i would say low 30's, but for techno and metal probably like higher tuning...but if u tune it to say 32hz...then nothing below that frequency will go through, so u will still be able to get the high notes if u have ur crossover set right on your amp..i say tune it low and go from there.

Thanks for the answers guys! And amatt85 youve been most helpfull!

Im of to look at a car tomorrow! Its a trunk car! So i may have to use aeroports from the rear deck and down into the box! OR i can go with dual aeroports down the rear deck and into the trunk, and build a slot port for the 1 or 2 subs going back in there! Just some ideas i have!

And as for Fi, sorry but cant go with them, the shipping KILLS my budget!

So im going to go with RE and UsAmps! And for highs im still going for Hertz!

And amatt85 im thinking 30hz as you said! I like to shake everyones RRUUUUMPS:P

Box suggestions and plans are welcome! For either Single 15" or Dual 10"-12"!

Gonna put some suggestions up myself, and im thinking subs up port back!

Hertz - Pioneer - Zealum

i have my subs and ports firing forward into the cabin sealed off from the trunk. im using two 4" aeros. my box is pretty damn big for just two 10s but only because i compete occassionally and use swappable ports (my box is like 5 cubes). i would just go off the box recommendations from RE and do 1.25cft/sub@34hz for the 10s and 2cft/sub@33hz for the 12s. here are a couple of pics of my setup so u can see how i did it...

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1367.jpg

DSCN1381.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

Damn your box is HAWT!

Ok now i have decided to go with the Resonant Engineering SX15 after watching some videos and talking to you guys!

Im gonna try to get it up to 3.5-4cubes with 30-32Hz tuning!

Gonna do a slot port design with 45`s in the corners and resin inside the box! Maby some inside glassin!

BUT:

Im considering going up to a MD1D insted of the XT4000D.

Since ive heard that the XT dosent do near rated power and that the MD has awsome SQ and is a fairly good amp!

Hertz - Pioneer - Zealum