Sonic Electronix

'with my lights on my lights will dim'

2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Kicker zx1000.1and a Raptor 1 farad cap

oh, haha I get it. I mis-read what you wrote, though did you really have to tell us your lights only dim when they are on? :pardon:

what ohm load are you running your amp at?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Clipping can cause voltage drop, having that cap in will cause voltage drop.

what is clipping and i was still getting the voltage drop before i put the cap in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

In other words, don't max the gain on the amp and do not go gansta with the volume.

the gain isn't a quarter of a turn and the volume isn't past halfway

Can you take a picture of your amp settings please? Also do you have bass boost on? If you do turn it off or 0.

can't get a good picture of my amp right now i'll try tomorrow but dou mean the bass boost on the amp or the knob

Clipping can cause voltage drop, having that cap in will cause voltage drop.

what is clipping and i was still getting the voltage drop before i put the cap in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

In other words, don't max the gain on the amp and do not go gansta with the volume.

the gain isn't a quarter of a turn and the volume isn't past halfway

Can you take a picture of your amp settings please? Also do you have bass boost on? If you do turn it off or 0.

can't get a good picture of my amp right now i'll try tomorrow but dou mean the bass boost on the amp or the knob

90% of the time that knob is a bass boost knob so yes that knob which I'm thinking is a bass boost knob and the boost on the amp. If the knob is bass boost just get rid of it and leave the bass boost OFF

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

'with my lights on my lights will dim'

2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Kicker zx1000.1and a Raptor 1 farad cap

oh, haha I get it. I mis-read what you wrote, though did you really have to tell us your lights only dim when they are on? :pardon:

well the gauge lights don't illuminate enough to see them dim with the lights off and 2 ohm

well the gauge lights don't illuminate enough to see them dim with the lights off and 2 ohm

na it's cool, I just meant how can lights dim if they aren't turned on. So you have 2 4 ohm subs wired in parallel to that amp correct? That is a good amount of power for those subs, so your gain should be fairly low. That shouldn't be dimming your lights too much. It sounds to me like you aren't getting good voltage to your amp. Check the voltage at your amp while it is playing and see what it's like. And again, take the cap out, it ain't helping any.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Bold just means that you had the clipping and poor ground before you got the cap. I'm willing to bet you grounded the amp to the same place as the cap, so its prolly worse.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived