Sonic Electronix

oh, haha I get it. I mis-read what you wrote, though did you really have to tell us your lights only dim when they are on? :pardon:

what ohm load are you running your amp at?

well the gauge lights don't illuminate enough to see them dim with the lights off and 2 ohm

na it's cool, I just meant how can lights dim if they aren't turned on. So you have 2 4 ohm subs wired in parallel to that amp correct? That is a good amount of power for those subs, so your gain should be fairly low. That shouldn't be dimming your lights too much. It sounds to me like you aren't getting good voltage to your amp. Check the voltage at your amp while it is playing and see what it's like. And again, take the cap out, it ain't helping any.

yea 2 svc 4 ohm alright i'll try that

he has a kicker amp and he has 2 dual 4 woofers in parallel? yeah he's dropping it to 1 ohm when the amp is designed to play 2 ohm.

the comps he has are SVC, 4 ohm each. so 2 ohms

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

what is clipping and i was still getting the voltage drop before i put the cap in

Bold just means that you had the clipping and poor ground before you got the cap. I'm willing to bet you grounded the amp to the same place as the cap, so its prolly worse.

that sounds pretty spot on cuz i had the voltage drop before i put the cap in and it was a bad ground and when i got the cap i still had it and went to a car audio shop and they changed the ground and they r both grounded at the same place

what is clipping and i was still getting the voltage drop before i put the cap in

Bold just means that you had the clipping and poor ground before you got the cap. I'm willing to bet you grounded the amp to the same place as the cap, so its prolly worse.

that sounds pretty spot on cuz i had the voltage drop before i put the cap in and it was a bad ground and when i got the cap i still had it and went to a car audio shop and they changed the ground and they r both grounded at the same place

That's why you should do it yourself.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

i guess i thought i was getting help from professionals

i took the cap out and im still getting the headlight dimming problem

I have 2 12" Kicker Comps(150 rms each) and when I'm playing my music and have my lights on my lights will dim. I understand that if I had a really high wattage system that that would be expected but, this has got me confused and I was wondering how to fix that problem.

Put up a pick of your ground point. Or describe it. Is it a bolt? was it a pre-existing ground from the factory? or did u make it? WHERE is it actually grounded? is it to the chassis? if so Did u sand off the paint? did u check it with a voltmeter to see if it's a good ground? Is your point actually attached to the body? or is it spot welded? and have a weak connection?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I have 2 12" Kicker Comps(150 rms each) and when I'm playing my music and have my lights on my lights will dim. I understand that if I had a really high wattage system that that would be expected but, this has got me confused and I was wondering how to fix that problem.

Put up a pick of your ground point. Or describe it. Is it a bolt? was it a pre-existing ground from the factory? or did u make it? WHERE is it actually grounded? is it to the chassis? if so Did u sand off the paint? did u check it with a voltmeter to see if it's a good ground? Is your point actually attached to the body? or is it spot welded? and have a weak connection?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/Stephen_Kyle/100_0309.jpg

Archived