Sonic Electronix

Yeah that ground is JUNK! Ground to the strut tower or somewhere near it. Can't be on something that is thin as a fingernail.

x2! That is a thin POS ground, and that part is probably not a part of the chassis of the car, it's probably spot welded and glued on... Look for a bolt that you KNOW is going into the frame, strut tower would be great. OR find a spot on the main body of the car, if your car is newer it will be a unibody car, so any LARGE, key word LARGE metal area is fine, like the bottom of the trunk, or even the floor of the passenger area, like under a seat. Sand off the paint just like u did, and bolt it on.

You will see a NOTICEABLE improvement with the headlights dimming etc... if u fix the ground. it might even fix the problem

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Yeah that ground is JUNK! Ground to the strut tower or somewhere near it. Can't be on something that is thin as a fingernail.

x2! That is a thin POS ground, and that part is probably not a part of the chassis of the car, it's probably spot welded and glued on... Look for a bolt that you KNOW is going into the frame, strut tower would be great. OR find a spot on the main body of the car, if your car is newer it will be a unibody car, so any LARGE, key word LARGE metal area is fine, like the bottom of the trunk, or even the floor of the passenger area, like under a seat. Sand off the paint just like u did, and bolt it on.

ok i'll look for one but there is another reason t do it yourself cuz that is the ground that the car audio place made

ok i'll look for one but there is another reason t do it yourself cuz that is the ground that the car audio place made

Yep see, that panel where that ground is, is probably spot welded on or held in with some form of glue like the other guy said.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Yep see, that panel where that ground is, is probably spot welded on or held in with some form of glue like the other guy said.

changed the ground to the shock tower and it was a noticeable difference although it still dims on certain notes

changed the ground to the shock tower and it was a noticeable difference although it still dims on certain notes

That's good to know. But does it do it as bad? Did you also grind the paint away around the area on the shock tower before you grounded it there?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

That's good to know. But does it do it as bad? Did you also grind the paint away around the area on the shock tower before you grounded it there?

no i didn't cuz i was focusing on multiple things at the time but i'll try and fix it tomorrow

Archived