i have a 05 tj wrangler..planning on lifting it but cant decide how high and which brand to go with. i was thinking about 3.5 or 4.5 long arm rubicon express or there tri link.and i want it on 33s..its goin to be my hunting jeep.just want to see if any of you guys have jeeps and any input on a lift?

Judging by the fact that you have an 05 TJ that you're going to use for hunting, I'm going to guess you're not looking for a cheap route. Rusty's makes amazing stuff. This would be a perfect all in 1 package and you know everything will fit just right

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-550LT-TJ-C1&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

here's just the lift kit w/o rims and tires. look at the articulation in the middle picture!

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-550LT-TJ&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

me and a close friend built the only ZJ in the world with 33's and only a 2" lift. That was 6 years ago and no one still hasn't done it since. Then we went overboard and lifted it 8" using Rusty's parts with 38's :woot:

Edited by doug118

go to 4wheelparts.com anything they have is quality. but rough country has real nice stuff too. here is a yj that i used to have jeeptopoff.jpg

it has a 2.5 in suspension lift, 1 inch body lift, and a 1 in shackle lift. it sits on 33 in mud terrains. if you dont know much about lifting them just do your research, anything 4 inches and over can start to create a lot of problems with the drivetrain and steering. i would not suggest anything over 4 inches, thats why i did a 2.5 suspension and a 1 inch body. i know a lot about jeeps so if you have any other questions i might be able to help you out

if you looked at the parts list on the kit I posted a link to you'd see that there would be no steering issues because it comes with a drop pitman arm and everything else needed to make sure the steering stays correct. and what kind of drivetrain issues are you talking about? we had no issues with the drivetrain with 8" of lift on a grand cherokee. not sure how much different a TJ is

im going to look into rusty's, ive heard about them but never really looked em up. but yea i know i would most likely have to get a slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft but i want to keep it at 4in lift max so the 33's fit clean on it. my buddy has rubicon express lift and he likes it alot.but his is 5.5in lift.so thats why i was thinking about that company.i just want something bit bigger then stock so i chose 33s also for gas mileage and just to get better travel.but yea im not lookin for the cheap way out on this.

the Rusty's 3" kit will clear 33's. You could even add the 1" body and engine lift for $150

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-300A-TJ&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

do you have any pictures of the F250?? I've been looking for lifts bigger then 6" for new body Chevy's but can't find anything.