Sonic Electronix

In my car I have a little gizmo, that allows me to turn my subwoofer volume up or down and a red light that let's me know if there is any clipping going on (and a blue light that is seriously way to bright). Now on my deck when I turn the bass to 0 it clips at a much lower number. When I turn the bass to -7 the lowest setting possible it allows me to turn my volume up a lot higher and it is much louder because the subs can go to a higher volume without the clipping light popping up. Is this bad to do or is it fine as long as the clipping light doesn't turn on?

the best way to tune your sub is to set the gains to zero and then turn the volume up from your headunit until it starts cliping (usually 75%) then go to your amp and turn up the gain until you hear clipping from ur sub. that is the max power u can get out of your sub. and try to avoid any external volume controls other than ur headunit.

the best way to tune your sub is to set the gains to zero and then turn the volume up from your headunit until it starts cliping (usually 75%) then go to your amp and turn up the gain until you hear clipping from ur sub. that is the max power u can get out of your sub. and try to avoid any external volume controls other than ur headunit.

ill say 2 things in here, one is about the quoted, and the other is about the DMM

DMM does not tell you if you are clipping, if you had a lanzar 4000wmax amp and you set it to 4000w according to the DMM, it would clip the shit out of your sub

to the quoted above

by the time you hear clipping, you are HARD CLIPPING the shit out of your subs...... thats bad

the only true way to tell if you are clipping is to have access to a oscilloscope

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

alot of factors come into play when you want loudness

what power are you running to the subs, how do you have the subs wired.. prefab box or custom built box..

trunk vs suv vs hatchback

power to backup the demands of the amp...

all that effects how loud you will be lol

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

amp? subs?

get rid of the prefab, 99% of prefabs are tuned to between 41 and 45hz....

Team DC Audio