quick question think i broke my alt..

ok i got soundstream tower 1700d amp and been banging it hard..i started smell something bad like rubber burnig..checked subs n amp but nothing..open hood and BAM whole lotta smell..i think it come from the alt it to hot to get in close and smell it without burning nose and when cold you cant smell it but roughly tat area..stock alt stock batt

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

hope nobody comes in shake their head n leaves lol

i just wondering if this could of blown it..altho my motor up shit creek anyway

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

no idea been drive aruond 2 hours and it like 30degrees outside to damm hot lol ill check monday at my mates workshop

but just seeing if 1700rms is to much for an alt..i no i need batery

burp setup for fun 152's

not sure how an alt fails to cause smoke but not continue once the car is off. if there was a short then turning the car off wouldnt do anything. all the power from the battery would be dumped out. unless there is a fuse that just took a while to pop. does the car still run? amps still work?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yup turn on n off no worries and pounds the sub..

but stinks like burning rubber or something similar..thought it was my sub lol

burp setup for fun 152's

If you blew your alt you would smell something that STINKS! The smell won't go away. Anything that smells like rubber could be your power line or the alt belt slipping like hell.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

i see..cause my car is auto and randomly stalls when it hot and wont start for 30min..and useally i can smoke the rear tires for a mile or 2..but now i barley acelerate lol

edit..need to learn to spell

Edited by woodzyspl

burp setup for fun 152's

if it was the belt, i would guess something must be seized up. check the belt and see if it look burnt or glossy. could also look for rubber dust around all the pulleys. that or take the belt off and try to turn each pulley, see if any of them are stuck.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.