Sonic Electronix

Please don't pile on if this has been asked before, i'm SURE it has, i searched it on the forum, couldn't find anything...anyway what are your guy's opinions on this? I have two brand new 1000RMS pioneer premiers, do they need to be broken in? if so, for how long and whats the process?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Break em in for a day I say!

So for the first day driving around with them in keep the volume low? really? is that REALLY necessary? lol

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

So for the first day driving around with them in keep the volume low? really? is that REALLY necessary? lol

Gain the amp down a bit and leave everything at listening level. I don't personally break my subs in but it never hurts.

And what I meant by "day" put 24 hours into the subs before gaining that amp to full potential.

I mean you don't have too but its a whatever you want to do.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

You can't put a timeline on breakin. It's going to be install and equipment dependant. I wouldn't worry about breaking in those subs, but if you choose to, a couple hours running low power free air should loosen them up nicely.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Gain the amp down a bit and leave everything at listening level. I don't personally break my subs in but it never hurts.

And what I meant by "day" put 24 hours into the subs before gaining that amp to full potential.

I mean you don't have too but its a whatever you want to do.

I'll decide. Alot of people say that the stiff spider is the problem and that's why you need break in time, but these subs don't even have a spider. So unless i need to worry about the surround, then i'm gonna say i don't think i need to do this...unless someone comes in here with a really solid reason to do it..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Did I just read this right?

Subs dont have a spider??????

Every sub has a spider, often times many of them.

Just cuz you cant see it doesnt mean they dont have spiders.

Straight from Pioneer, quote:

"Air Suspension System

For its revolutionary 3.25 inch deep Shallow Subwoofer, Pioneer created an Air Suspension system effective within a 70% smaller-than-previous enclosure that locks air for a spring-like effect between main and drive cones moving in unison. The result is consistently clear,powerful,wide ranging bass response. The subwoofer's dual cone structure maintains better sound linearity and reliability after hours of hard use than conventional subwoofers with "spider" structures to keep the voice coil aligned. This incredible technology is applied to this new generation of high output, high performance subwoofers."

Or from the manual:

"

3. Dual Surround "spider-less" suspension: The double cone structure uses dual-three layer radial surrounds to attach the basket and form the air suspension system. The highly reliable design keeps the voice coil centered, even under high power, for clear powerful bass reproduction"

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!