now help me get a second alternator in here

tight fit but I think it may be possible, anyone know if there even is one available or has anyone done one for this jeep.

2001 grand cherokee laredo inline 6

i6engine2.jpg

006-8.jpg

001-1.jpg

Edited by BulletInjection

omg thats inline 6 just like mine i cant help u but i got an irrelevant question whats mpg u getting in the city am getting 13.5 and i think my jeep is ripping me off since its and i6

haha yeah same here, I get like 13 city and pretty good highway, around 22.

I thought about it but I would have to have someone who can make a bracket look at it and say yes one could be mounted down there on w/e bolts they see. There is some room down there though. Some company claims they can do 4 alts on my jeep O.O

http://www.rushpowersystems.net/?p=29

Edited by BulletInjection

I thought about it but I would have to have someone who can make a bracket look at it and say yes one could be mounted down there on w/e bolts they see. There is some room down there though. Some company claims they can do 4 alts on my jeep O.O

http://www.rushpowersystems.net/?p=29

Wow..that's a nifty way to do it.. Did you ever get a price?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Guest DC Power Rob

Should be pretty simple on your jeep and you should have the room to do it.. Get a bracket off an earlier YJ 4.0 and put th second alt where the AC would be on the YJ... I'm pretty sure the block has the mounting bosses in the same location so it *should* work...

** edit** And that bracket Darren makes won't fit your GC.... nowhere near enough room in your particular engine bay iirc...

Edited by DC Power Rob

Should be pretty simple on your jeep and you should have the room to do it.. Get a bracket off an earlier YJ 4.0 and put th second alt where the AC would be on the YJ... I'm pretty sure the block has the mounting bosses in the same location so it *should* work...

** edit** And that bracket Darren makes won't fit your GC.... nowhere near enough room in your particular engine bay iirc...

I emailed them and said that to them but also asked what dual kits they had for me and maybe some pictures. Hmmm where do you think I could find one of these brackets on the interwebs?