Batteries Plus Buying Experience

So, Bill and I are going camping this weekend and we find out today that we need to get new batteries for the RV. Bill calls around and he called Batteries Plus in Citrus Heights. Batteries Plus is open til 8pm, they had the batteries in stock...sounded good. I called the store to see if they would install the batteries for us and they said sure and I double checked that they were open til 8. So, we go get the RV and drive out there and roll in at 7:05pm. The kid inside tells us to pull around back, he's the one I had talked to on the phone.

SOOOOOOO...the kid comes out back and says they can't install the batteries tonight because they close at 8pm and that it would take 45 minutes to an hour it's about 7:10 at this point. Bill tells the kid it won't take that long, and besides you don't close for 45-50 minutes. The kid "my Manager says we can't do it". So, of course I asked for the Manager. Well, Manager Chris comes out and says they can't do it tonight and that it would take 30 minutes...it was only 7:10pm!!! There were no other customers in the store and 3 employees and they don't have one to spare so that they would have a sale! We were buying 4 batteries at about $100 each and would have spent more if there was a better battery to purchase than the ones we called about!

Bill and I were in complete shock with the lack of customer service. We did not buy the batteries at Batteries Plus and never will. So, they wasted a few hours of our time today and will be wasting a few hours tomorrow when Bill takes the RV elsewhere to buy batteries.

Batteries Plus must be doing a spectacular business if they can afford to turn away business like that! They will never get my money again!

Ok, I'm done :mad:

Send a revised version of this to the company owner. Gives us Chris's a bad name!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Send a revised version of this to the company owner. Gives us Chris's a bad name!

:lol:

but back to topic, that really REALLY sucks!

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

Guest MegaloManiac

Battery Plus is pretty bad for customer service. I had bought an Yellow top from Sears and it was still covered underwarranty i went to sears and they had ran out of stock of the battery, manager said to find another Optima dealer in town if i needed it today, if they are an optima dealer they can cover the warranty, they wouldnt really loose any money since majority of the batteries are dealt through Optima themeselves. I phoned in asking if they would do it. Lady flat out refused. Said "we will loose money if we did that". so i ended up buying a cheap battery for the time being from Sears.

Edited by MegaloManiac
wouldnt spelled wrong

Battery Plus is pretty bad for customer service. I had bought an Yellow top from Sears and it was still covered underwarranty i went to sears and they had ran out of stock of the battery, manager said to find another Optima dealer in town if i needed it today, if they are an optima dealer they can cover the warranty, they would really loose any money since majority of the batteries are dealt through Optima themeselves. I phoned in asking if they would do it. Lady flat out refused. Said "we will loose money if we did that". so i ended up buying a cheap battery for the time being from Sears.

They would have made money on us...but oh well! Bill took the RV somewhere else this morning and is having the batteries installed for less money than Batteries Plus wanted. He will be calling the owner of Batteries Plus this morning to chew a little ass! We will also contact corporate.

that sucks, cuz I get my batteries and cable there, I never have a problem--- The one on Greenback/sunrise blvd

But again, I didnt know they INSTALLED there, never asked them

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

just because they close at 8 dont mean shit. they have to finish dealing with the people that are there. at 8, then they can start turning you away. but until then, they cant. that sucks.
this is why i dont work for a HUGE retail corporation anymore... they dont give a dam about customer service, all they want to do is take your money and sign your ass off... "thank you see ya bye bye... you gotta problem call the manufacture" F that! thanks for the heads up on where not to shop for batterys... there is a little RV supply store on auburn blvd near Gately Audio i cant think of the name but they have never let me down yet. hell when you walk in they actually say "hi" to you. lol

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

I called and spoke to the owner, Don, today and he was quite surprised that his boys refused to install our batteries last night. He offered to waive the installation fee that they usually charge for installing multiple batteries woooohoooo :rolleyes: I told him that wasn't necessary, that we already had batteries installed elsewhere this morning and were not charged an installation fee. He apologized like crazy. The kid that said he was the Manager last night is not a Manager, just an employee. Well, I told Don that I called him just to let him know what kind of sale his employees turned down last night and that is something a business owner should be aware of.