Chaise Posted January 31, 2011 Author Report Posted January 31, 2011 Chode - Alright cool. I heard Raptor was pretty good but I guess I'm wrong. Haha. Elite - Thanks man. They are pretty sweet. xihax - Of all the things I've though of, tinting my tails hasn't crossed my mind yet. I'll keep it on my list of things. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
Chode69 Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 Chode - Alright cool. I heard Raptor was pretty good but I guess I'm wrong. Haha. come in and ill show you the difference. theres 4 gauge AWG then theres 4 gauge. the difference is the good stuff (rockford, kicker, knu, and so on) have a 4 gauge case filled with wire. the crap stuff has the same outer diameter case but much less wire and more case. AWG stands for American Wire Gauge...its a standard for all wire...if it doesnt have AWG its not a legit gauging. theres some "1 gauge" out there that the same as 4 gauge AWG NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
Chaise Posted January 31, 2011 Author Report Posted January 31, 2011 Chode - Alright cool. I heard Raptor was pretty good but I guess I'm wrong. Haha. come in and ill show you the difference. theres 4 gauge AWG then theres 4 gauge. the difference is the good stuff (rockford, kicker, knu, and so on) have a 4 gauge case filled with wire. the crap stuff has the same outer diameter case but much less wire and more case. AWG stands for American Wire Gauge...its a standard for all wire...if it doesnt have AWG its not a legit gauging. theres some "1 gauge" out there that the same as 4 gauge AWG Ah, got it. Well now I know.. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
Chaise Posted January 31, 2011 Author Report Posted January 31, 2011 Earlier I was sittin in my car bored and wanted to really kick my speakers up since the subs have been breaking in for a little while now. I turn the volume on the HU up to just a hair under max and even with the bass remote knob all the way down, the subs hit plenty. I then go to turn the knob up and stop about half way. I didn't notice at first but the "Clipping" light on the remote was lighting up on the very hard bass hits. Of course, hearing so many bad things about clipping, I turn the volume down immediately. The subs and amp are fine, but I'm just making this post for a question or two. I read up on the definition of clipping on the "Everything you need to know about car audio" thread and it says clipping can result from an amp being over loaded or under powered. I'm certain it wasn't being overloaded as it's a 1200w amp and the subs max power is rated at 1200 so I figured that isn't it. Could something as simple as power wire gauge cause this problem? If so, I'll expedite the process of upgrading my current wire. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
Benji0687 Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 Sounds like you had your gain turned up a little too far. Edit to say: GOOD JOB! You actually took the time and searched and read instead of just looking for someone to explain everything to you. So kudos for taking the initiative to educate yourself! 1989 Chevy Caprice Classic350ci V8 High Performance JVC Arsenal HU JL XR series components Infinity Reference 6x9s Pioneer Premier 4-Channel Clarion 2-Channel Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel Fusion 2000.1D MTX Crossover RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!** *Build log coming soon!* Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.
dmanson Posted January 31, 2011 Report Posted January 31, 2011 Definitely turn the gain down a tad bit and observe the clipping light again. 2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s 1-DC 5K amp (1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR) 3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative. (2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear) Audiocontrol 3.1. DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module
Chaise Posted February 1, 2011 Author Report Posted February 1, 2011 Haha, thanks Benji. I've been around a lot of forums and have learned that if you have a question regarding the subject of the forum, it's most likely already been asked and has an answer somewhere. Also, I tweaked the gain knob down some and haven't cranked the volume knob yet but I will tomorrow before work. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
Chaise Posted February 1, 2011 Author Report Posted February 1, 2011 I've been hearing a lot about these "neo" subs. I know Chode amongst other people have them. I'm assuming neo has to do with the magnet as neo can be short for Neodymium, however I can be wrong. Please, inform me. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
Chaise Posted February 3, 2011 Author Report Posted February 3, 2011 Just an update: Removed the subs today and redid the internal wiring to include some crimped terminals. Look a lot better now..even though no one but me sees inside the box. Lol. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
killallblue Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 hey man i didnt even know this was ur car at the show nice shit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.