Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Taking subs out, is it bad?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've taken my subs out twice already. And I'm worried if I take them out too often, it'll mess up the pre drill and won't go in as good, if that makes any sense.

Kinda like stripping the inside of the wood where it won't work

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Posted

If they were predrilled correctly and you are not overtightening them, you can remove them several times. I took mine out of my van at least 8 times.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

I've taken my subs out twice already. And I'm worried if I take them out too often, it'll mess up the pre drill and won't go in as good, if that makes any sense.

Kinda like stripping the inside of the wood where it won't work

If you're really worried about it, refill the current holes with liquid nail or something similar, then pre drill them again, and this time install those metal hole reinforcer clip things. I'm not sure what the proper name is.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 443 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...