Sonic Electronix

unusual voltage drop questions?

ok...so i have a 94 taurus with a cheap rebuilt 200 amp alt and 2 xs d2700's, generally my voltage rests at about 14.8, and sometimes 15-15.1 on the freezing cold days here in michigan. But as of last night my cars resting voltage was sitting at 13.8v and when im driving it rises up to 14.3-14.4. Could there be a short in one of my four runs of 1/0 and just not have blown a fuse, or could my alt be going from it working too hard? Any input appreciated...

Thanks,

-andy

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

one of my fuseholders moved around and the nut loosened enough to wiggle and it showed 13.6, 7 ish on my voltmeter. check those too.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

one of my fuseholders moved around and the nut loosened enough to wiggle and it showed 13.6, 7 ish on my voltmeter. check those too.

alright, i will tomorrow. Was it just from it being a loose connection? because if one did come loose i would still have 3 runs to back it up. What exactly happens when you have a short in your power wire and dont know about it?

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

13.8 volts is fine for resting. most vehicles run from 13.8 to 15 volts.

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

Could be you alternator isn't doing what it suppose to. I think the older car would idle around 13 volt and newer vehicle around 14 volt.

Archived