Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need help with a wire question...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys, I have a wiring question for everyone. i have a factory 110 amp alternator in my ford focus . I am wanting to relocate my battery to my trunk (later adding a second) to clean up my engine bay some . What I was wanting to know is if 4 gauge wire with a 150 amp circuit breaker would be enough ? I know a larger gauge will be required once a alternator upgrade is made.

hopeful noob

Posted

Bigger is better. I'd at least go 2 gauge. 4 is probably not even much of an upgrade from the factory stuff. Why waste the money on 4 gauge wire, and put the money and effort into the wire runs, firewall holes and grommets, battery terminals, and Ring connectors for a smaller wire, when it's barely more expensive to go up to 0 gauge? It's pointless to REDO everything.

Start with 0 gauge and never have to do it again..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Posted

Ok guys, I have a wiring question for everyone. i have a factory 110 amp alternator in my ford focus . I am wanting to relocate my battery to my trunk (later adding a second) to clean up my engine bay some . What I was wanting to know is if 4 gauge wire with a 150 amp circuit breaker would be enough ? I know a larger gauge will be required once a alternator upgrade is made.

I'm a fan of "Do it right, Do it once", that being said, since you have plans on upgrading your alternator you might as well run the larger wire now and be done with it instead of running something smaller for now, then having to go in and do it all over just to lay down the bigger stuff. Do it right, Do it once!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 532 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...