Whats YOUR average??

Okay Im in the middle of (4) yes FOUR installs as of right now... Ill list em as priority, From 1-4

1) Toyota Tacoma xtracab,JOB: Rewire, Big 3,Box, amp rack, and EQ install

2) Suzuki SLAMURAI build

3) Glass DOOR RE-Build in the Diesel

4) Smokeysgirls Colorado

NOW,The first install is for a PAYING customer, HENCE the priority. My question is this.

What is YOUR average time to do a FULL install front to back??

Ive been workin on this truck for almost a FULL day (as in 24hours) and I just now finished the rewire, and amp rack... I still need to do the Big 3 and the Subwoofer box(Fi BL 18")

I want honest answers, Because Sometimes I think I might just take a little too long. Take in mind Im askin How long it would take (1) Person, Just like how I do mine solo. I dont want a noob.gif comin in here and tellin me it only takes them 2-3 hours for such a project... BULLSHIT bull.gif. I mean WITHOUT cutting corners and cleanly running the wires, soldering all the deck wires and mids/highs and also NO CRIMPING.

It aint a contest,I just wanna know if all the time I put into an install is WORTH what I charge?

Discuss...

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Took me solid 12-16 hours just to build, install and seal off the box from the trunk the last two times and it wasn't even for a clean finished look. I'm not looking forward to the next rebuild in a few months. Some people fly through the crap I just take forever doing it no matter how motivated I am. Hell my door panels took way over 24 hours of labor just to get them ready for paint from laying the first coat of resin to the final fine grit sand

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

#2 would be anywhere from 1 full day to a week depending on whats going in it and what else has to be done.

#3 could be a few weeks depending on how much i was hating on sanding the fiberglass at any point in time.

#4 would be the same as #2 depending on whats going into it

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

if i rack up all the hours from wiring to deading to box building ill say 2 days? thats split up since ive done it in pieces, took me about 6 hours to do a full install in my friends blazer, nothing fancy just h/u, amp, wire, and a prefab and 2 12's

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I would say a solid weekend for me to do a front to back install.

For your #1 I guess it would have to depend on the complexity of the box build and how long the rewiring takes but I would give it a solid 2-3 days for the install start to finish. Also depends on how anal you are lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Im looking for more of FABRICATE everything kinda time period.

For #1 I charged the guy

$100 for the box

$50 for the amprack

$50 for ALL the wiring

And $600 for the Sub,Wire, and Misc build materials

Did I over charge him? OR undercharge?

Fuck I dont know...I hate rippin people off, And I dont consider my work PRO at any means

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

is that all profit or do you need to subtract materials out of it? If anything you may be charging not quite enough

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

I installed a system for my buddy during a weekend. Sat, build box, brace, paint. Then ran wires while it dryed. Sunday installed headunit, mounted all new speakers, ran wires from speakers to rear, plus rca's and remote. Installed amps, mids and highs and sub amp. Tune everything, make and amp rake, hide all the wires. Good to go :D So about the average weekend.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived