Second Skin Audio

My on going second skin install

I received my "door pack" from second skin last week and just got around to start installing it. First of all i got a little more than the door pack, a door pack is 7 sheets and i got 50 :D. I was kinda worried about what i was going to do with 13 sqft since my doors are massive. (i measured them at 58 inches long) so the 80 sqft worked out well for me.

So far i have 1 door done and i have used about 8 and a half sheets. thats 1 layer on the outer skin and 1 layer on the inner skin.

Here are some of the pics.

first the truck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

starting to take the door panel off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

door panel off

Posted Image

starting the deadening

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

paper scraps

Posted Image

inside the door

Posted Image

More pictures to come, maybe tomorrow. i still have the drivers door to do and the back wall. :)

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Looks good man. I signed up for SS's 3rd giveaway and sure hope I'm picked because my poor Tahoe in rattling like a mofo now with the small system I put in it and I hate rattles!!

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Looks good man. I signed up for SS's 3rd giveaway and sure hope I'm picked because my poor Tahoe in rattling like a mofo now with the small system I put in it and I hate rattles!!

Shannon

tahoe doors should not require near as much deadner.

good luck on the contest

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Nice truck,any upgrades like rims or anything?and yeah tells us how that SS works thinkging about getting some.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Clean install man, and those are some big ole doors...you should fiberglass an 8 and 2 6.5s in each one :D

thanks but not happening, lol i got a 2 way active setup going in

Second Skin FTW!!!

i will have to agree

Nice truck,any upgrades like rims or anything?and yeah tells us how that SS works thinkging about getting some.

no uprages yet besides audio.. it will have 2 sundown sa 12"s on a sundown 1500. morel tweeters and perless mids off a sundown 100.4d. DC 325 amp alt with adjustable regulator. and a couple batteries. :rolleyes:

stuffs nice, its really think makes my door feel much more olid

lookin real nice man, thats my first look at the new truck. looks like a very nice clean project.

Edited by Stephen

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER