Jump to content

Center Console (First fiberglass project)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, this is my first project so i hope it goes ok and i may be asking for some pointers. Got it mocked up after work but had plans so until tomorrow this is where im at. I needed a cup holder and wanted to have something i could modify for future mods, eq, ddin, ipod dock. But mostly the cup holder :rofl:

DSC01871.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Posted

that looks like its going to be bad ass

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Posted

This is what im going for, with rounder edges

center.jpg

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Posted

Progress to be made today, wish me luck.

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Posted

Planned on it :) I am going to nab the one at work for mock up. I plan on a couple other goodies too. ;)

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Posted

Looks like a nice design.

However you shouldn't need any fiberglass at all really to create that. Unless you plan to make a fiberglass base over the trans hump to have a base to work off of.

You could build 90% of that out of good woodwork. The rest you could use reinforced filler to get any curves you may need.

Posted

I COULD do it out of wood, however i want a lot more curves and things than my model shows

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Posted

Made progress today, so far, so good. Paint products for weight.

DSC01879.jpg

I rabbeted the edges so the fleece laid in nice, I have an idea for some trim too ;P

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01881.jpg

I wanted minimal bracing at this stage, plans shortly.

DSC01882.jpg

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 656 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...