148.6 with (1) DD 2508 SC

purplesyrup

still does a damn good number, what are they expecting it to not blow with almost 4x the rated power.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

As I said before he said they built the DD box to achieve that 148.6 based off of the plans DD recommends on they're website, so no one could say anything about it being in the wrong box. , then here is his quote on another one of his video's about the box he was 2db louder with,

"I've got other videos showing playing music from months ago. I've put around 150 hrs into testing the SPL boxes, that music box is the only one I built to just drive around with, no goal in mind.

The SPL box is 1 cu. ft. before displacements, 6" port tuned to 68 hz. Nothing special about it."

So my question is, what can be achieved spending 150 hours of research with the DD, rather than just putting it in the box the website suggests, which probably took what, a whole 2 hours to assemble. And how many hz higher is that box tuned cause that makes a huge difference in DB considering if he's tuned at 68, he's likely burping nearly an 80HZ tone (midbass anyone?). I will calculate tuning on the recommended dd box tomorrow.

He highlights and laughs at new technology and different integrations they have made to the sub, when the last time I checked, DD continues to improve the drivers each release. I've never seen one loose performance on these things they are doing to tweak performance. Nor would dd release a product that had less performance from the last.

XS-power1.jpg

he did make good points though about the glue being all over the place, the way the cone was glued and also the way the leads went into the spiders. Those are things to look at if you are shopping around for speakers. The guy was obviously a sundown user. But I like the way they did it and more companies should do it to their competition.

Thats sean from sundown. Real classy guy right? One of the things I like most about Jacob is that he is straight forward and doesnt trash competitors. Some of these guys have no problem wiht that though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

he did make good points though about the glue being all over the place, the way the cone was glued and also the way the leads went into the spiders. Those are things to look at if you are shopping around for speakers. The guy was obviously a sundown user. But I like the way they did it and more companies should do it to their competition.

As crappy of a job as he did trying to bash the sub, it would not surprise me if they added the glue themselves, I've yet to see a DD sub look like that.

He replied to one of my comments and now he says the DD was put into the SA8 box he spent 150 hours on. So the DD does not perform as loud out of a box that has been trial and error tested for a completely different woofer. Last time I checked each sub will have its own optimum box design.

I just thought is was a pretty shady thing to do. Because if you think about it he did not take the measures to experiment with the DD as the other and is trying to make an obviously good driver look bad, when the only people interested in this grade of equipment would realize he didn't put the time and effort actually "testing" that DD, I'm just calling out the BS of the whole test.

They are just trying to win a quick sale. He also specifies that he's using an "SPL COIL" on the sub. So they had to modify the sub to get it to do those numbers. If you read through all the info on his posts all of his comparisons he makes in the video just get smashed together and twisted around.

Bottom line, this video is not a valid comparison of 2 good drivers.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived