battery question

Hello guys I have a problem that is bothering me since I started to put money into pleasuring my ears. I have a vw golf mk4 from 2001 I have a stock battery *acid* that I just bought, my headlights are dimming like hell when playing music , i made the big 3 upgrade and it is making the same thing .I have a dd612 600rms and a jbl 1201.1 amp , 0 gauge wires all the way.

what should i do ? since i am a student i really can't afford to buy something expensive . If I find a powercell 1000 (it is cheap and small) can i mount it in my trunk with the stock acid battery in the front? or should i simplly get a capacitor?

Tx and sorry for bad english and please don't lauch at my sistem , I w8 too many months to build this (hard worked money)33vyr8i.jpg

Proud to be a Bass head - since 2013.01.19

well.. I don't have that money , around here a dry cell is around 500$ .. it should mean that i have to work around 3 months and not to buy anything to buy a cell like that :| that is why i asked about the smaller cells ..

i haven't seen any ground wires ... the only ground wires that were there , were hooked up on the car - under the battery and from there it went to the engine , so i haven't ..

and the voltage it is still the same 14.3

Hey man, I also have a 2001 VW Golf! My headlights dim like hell and the only way I was able to reduce its noticability was through the use of dry cell batteries. I am told HIDs make a huge difference as well, I too grounded from the battery to the engine. (using bigger cable) Make sure you keep all your stock wiring along with the bigger wires you added. Also, do you have a 90 amp or 120 amp alt? I had the 120 amp and it worked decently for my uses.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Archived