Mechman Alternators

Voltage Drop To Battery Voltage At High RPM

I've been speaking with Josh via email the past few days and am going to try a few things just to be 100% sure it is the computer bucking the voltage down. I will reply back with the tests I did and the results of those tests once they are completed. Although, Josh did tell me something interesting and I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this. He said this is not related to my current issue, but he said because I will be wiring the amplifies directly to the alternator that over time in the future it would burn the positive stud off of the alternator. Mind you I have one connection off of the alternator going towards the batteries and another off of the alternator going towards the amplifiers. Josh confirmed with me on this, but the only reason I see the positive stud being burned off was if there was a resistance over that connection causing a voltage drop. I am using 100% copper wire (OFC) and 100% copper lugs. I don't think this would be an issue because there is no resistance (or very very small, too small to measure) going over it. I did it this way since the alternator is the primary source of power when the engine is on. However, Josh disagreed in this respect and said the alternator just maintains and replenishes the batteries. I am torn on this one, because I want to believe Josh as he works for Mechman and should know. But, it goes against basic knowledge on how the alternator/battery system works. Now before anyone says it, I know that if the stud on the alternator gets corroded then, obviously, I would have bigger problems and it could indeed burn off. And before anyone mentions ripple current, basic electronics dictates that regardless of where the battery is in the circuit, as long as it is parallel to the ripple producer (the alternator in this case), it will still filter the ripple current. So, with all that said, I am curious what the veterans and the community have to input on how I will have the amplifiers wired to the alternator and Josh's words of wisdom from Mechman? Or am I just worrying about something that is so rare to happen that I shouldn't worry at all? I will only be running about 2800-3000 watts RMS total, nothing crazy.

The alternator man should know what he is talking about if his product is any good. The battery can put out more current than the alternator so it would make sense to connect to the battery. There are a lot of variables that can make any install different and the operators of the sound system can make a big difference too. Someone who doesn't know and just bangs their clipped to death system is surely going to find a weak link somewhere. On paper it looks the same but we know how that goes.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)