New Fi Audio System Build Pics!

I am doing this build over spring break, so be patient, it will take about 3 more days to complete.

please take note that I am a broke ass college student, and I am doing this on a very limited budget... I pretty much had to give up eating much for the week to buy the wood. So don't expect any fancy routering rings or anything, cause i can't even afford a jasper jig. And it's about 10 below outside, so good thing i have a wood burner so i don't freeze too much.

Anyways, i have had about 10 different systems in this vehicle before, includeing 4 channel amps and all, so first thing i did was clean up all the years of old wiring under the carpet! I know its' pretty bad, but it's a good thing i'm finally taking the time to do it.

Also I installed a new actuator in the rear tail gate so i can now hit a switch on the dash and it will eject the rear glass. Previously, i had to crawl in back and put a screw driver through the carpet to flip a hidden switch, just to open the rear glass!!!

I know it's a mess, but that is why i'm redoing it

Posted Image

I SWEAR TO YOU THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD IT WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND, i don't knwo how this fi q will sound any better, but i'll try it. IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IT $500!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been batlling alt whine or some form of noise forever and tried all the ground solutions, i've heard from numerous ppl that on these pioneers, you can groudn the outter part of the coaxial on the rca to the cage and it will solve the noise, so i tried it. Don't know if it worked yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw a few panels just begging for dynamat, and i had a few scraps

Posted Image

New wiring setup, power and groudn for middle, wires on each side for amp (you'll eventually see what i'm scheming!!)

Posted Image

TONIGHT i finialize box plans and start cutting tomorrow, it'll be a long day tmorrow - good thing i don't ahve a job and i'm on spring break!!! (my major is too hard to allow for a job, i'm not lazy)

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

wiring already looks a ton better.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Is that a 15" L7? I have one and i love it. Good luck on the rebuild.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Is that a 15" L7? I have one and i love it. Good luck on the rebuild.

I hit that box on the money, and yes it is an L7 15... I have heard sooooooo many systems in my day, none have ever hit as low, as clean, and as loud as this one did. It has the best balance of SQ, SPL and whatever else for daily driving imaginable. these subs are mind blowing if you build the right box, and they are very picky on boxes.

Here are some more pictures. There was some very slight water damage marks to the MDF from the store, but it only penetrated like 1 mm and does not hurt the wood at all. and it was only on one piece. We used a combination of screws and 1 5/8" brad nails to hold box togehter, with wood glue and liquid nails of course.

The inside angle of the port is heavily sanded down, a good 3/4" shaven off and rounded, and the other corner has a big 45 in it.

The person in most the pictures is my friend MAtt, who builds boxes with me, his username is silversolox12 or something like that.

B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Today I have to add a few lil suprises and then cover it..... i can't decide between grey vynil and carpet. I think i may go with carpet because vynil looks dumb on large flat surfaces.

What do u guys think???

Today I have to add a few lil suprises and then cover it..... i can't decide between grey vynil and carpet. I think i may go with carpet because vynil looks dumb on large flat surfaces.

What do u guys think???

You can do vinyl and have raised lettering or whatever in it, here are a few pics of my box as for an idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived