Chevy truck sub box / amp rack

Hi guys, im Robb and new to this site. Ive looked around and im just amazed by some of the work, so i thought id show some of my own. This is my 1st glass box ive built, well actually 2nd, i made the same one once before wasnt happy and threw it away. LOL I cant find my fiberglass pic of the build so ill have to type. started with mdf for the base, mdf sub rings held in place by braces, then stretched felt over it and stapled in place. glass resin spread over the outside. then with the back of the box open i added multiple layers of chop mat to the inside till it was about 3/4 in thick. then did lots of bondo work to the outside. And on to primer/ paint / buff.

Alpine dvd D300, JL 300/4 runs rockford 6.5 comps in the doors and 2 punch 8s are brigded off the other two channels. Truck is just for show so its not the loudest but sounds good to cruise.

So heres the pics.

IMG_0046.jpg

port to spec

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

filler panels cover the rear cab

3-09130.jpg

3-09131.jpg

and finally the box finished and installed

HPIM2789.jpg

HPIM2791-1.jpg

HPIM2799-1.jpg

The amp rack was built the same way with mdf and felt. Houses the guages for the air suspension. There is also a cover made for the amp and wrapped in tan just no pic yet.

I'm also new, but this is very damn nice. You obviously put a lot of time in the finished look of the box, let alone the truck. You didn't cut any corners. May I ask what truck this is in? If I'm not mistaken, is that a U-Coat-It floor covering seen in the first and third pics?

Anyways this truck is very nice looking. You can definitely tell this is a show truck. :D

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Is that a Fullsize Chevy Truck/SUV??? Doors and seats kinda look like it...

Looks real nice...

Like others asked, whats that color called? Like like a HOK Tangerine (maybe a gold under coat)?

If the outside looks anyhting like the inside, you gotta post pics of that view as well...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

I'm also new, but this is very damn nice. You obviously put a lot of time in the finished look of the box, let alone the truck. You didn't cut any corners. May I ask what truck this is in? If I'm not mistaken, is that a U-Coat-It floor covering seen in the first and third pics?

Anyways this truck is very nice looking. You can definitely tell this is a show truck. :D

Again thanks guys! The truck is a 95 Chevy fullsize, ill get pics up later. Oh and the floor is rust o leum professional with the clearcoat on top, its in my garage. Good stuff.

So Clean and Bad Ass! where did you get those seats? i need some so bad!!

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived