well finally got my camaro back last week after being in the shop for a month. 2 days ago we came to the phase at mobile dynamics where we get to do a project for our car. ive been wanting to do this for a while but havent had the money or time and since i have nothing else to do at school and we get unlimited materials i figured i would do it. the box is going to be for my 2 12" power HX2's. didnt get any pictures the last two days cuase i forgot the camera but i finally got some tonight of my progress. i know it doesnt look like i got alot done in 3 days but its hard when your sharing 1 table saw and 3 router tables with 30 people http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image.

Posted Image

im going to be making 2 ports that are removable so i can swap them out. one tunned at 55hz the other tuned at 33hz. the one in the pic is the one tunned at 33hz

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hey man thats lookin sweet....and by the time your done i bet its gonna be sick.....i had a chance to go to mobile dynamics but the financing fell through..pissed me off....keep us updated on your build bro B)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Looks to be a little small on the port area from here, but it shouldn't be anything bad.

Other than that it looks great! Real nice clean cuts. Can't wait to see the progress.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

nice, but is there enough port area there?

Looks to be a little small on the port area from here, but it shouldn't be anything bad.

Other than that it looks great! Real nice clean cuts. Can't wait to see the progress.

there is 40 square inches of port. at mobile dynamics they teach us that you need 20 to 25 square inches of port no matter what size box for a twelve inch sub. i normally like to do 12" per cube (in this case would work out ot be 42" anyways) but im not gonna argue with them my teachers really know thiere shit. im really learning alot of cool tricks too like how to copy shapes and make normal cuts using the router.....probably 75-80 percent of cuts on the box i did using a router table.

test fit of the subs the other day

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

what i did today in class --- stretched the fleece and started glassin

Posted Image

Posted Image

all trimmed up!

Posted Image

Posted Image

didnt get any shots of the actual glassing cause i was trying to finish by lunch and didnt have time for pics. right now there is 4 layers of mat on the outside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

tommorrow in class its going to get 1 or 2 more layers of fiberglass on the inside and then a layer of kitty hair. im hoping to get it sanded down and bondo it tonight so all i have to do tommorrow is vinyle/paint it after i finish reinforcing it.

Archived