Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. Let me know what you think of this. 6"x15.5" section of PVC pipe glued into some MDF to hold it - 1 flush end Put an end cap on the open end, then velcro the end with the MDF and a spot in my box to hold it. To take reduce the box size to 3.5 cubic feet and bring the tuning to 30hz - put the pipe in. To bring it back to 4.5 cubes and 26 hz tuning - remove pipe Thoughts?
  2. Price on a Level 5 15, d1.4 coils, 2 extra medium spiders, reinforced surround Zip: 98052
  3. I have ones in there already =( It would be kind of a pain in the behind / waste of fiberglass resin depending on how I do it Unless you know an easy way - which I am always open for
  4. I have a 4.5 cubic foot box and I want to 'eat up' about a cubic foot of box volume to make it smaller / raise the tuning since I am swapping in a different sub and running more power to it. I was thinking a measured amount of expanding foam and fiberglass over the top of that? Ideas? Making a different box isn't really an option for me Here are pics of said box
  5. I heard that DC might be coming out with some new XLs and Levels 5s with a bigger 4 inch coil. Can anyone(rusty) confirm this? I think I might hold off on getting a 15" xl and wait for the good stuff ^^ False information you have been fed
  6. How about a 15 inch sub?
  7. The amp can do 5000 watts 4 ohms. It's a Crown XLS 5000 but I won't be running it full tilt
  8. Long story short: my PA mofo 15 bit the dust. I am in the market for a new 15 that can handle the power coming from a 2400 watt amp. - The lowest impedance I could go is 4 ohms - I could top out the Mofo, so something with more excursion would be preferred - It will be in a ported box - I'm not really on a budget, but lowest price possible is preferred
  9. Check this out
  10. That's some abuse right there! Lol
  11. As the title suggests: I am looking for some songs with some nice long sweeps that get down low.
  12. Well, Steve said that it can do it. Sweet!
  13. Does it do the same thing if you turn the crossover dial all the way clockwise?
  14. And a BIG shoutout to the man who made it happen!! Thanks Steve!
  15. I feel like a kid on christmas day I'll try and let the pictures do most of the talking A bit of overlap on one of the edges - But that's how you know it's hand built!
  16. Yup To OP - .5 ohm or 2 ohm. Take your pick
  17. Or forum fail lol It may not be the best, but youtube, facebook, etc all found a way to detect it and make it work If you go to the forum on mobile, does it do any special URL like mobile.stevemeadedesigns.com or something?
  18. Yeah. Hopefully Steve can chime in since he knows the guts so well
  19. Ac@ 40 hz. Its on the output of the amp
  20. The manual says it's tested up to 125v. The problem is: I have an amp that pushes 210v-220v (checked with multimeter) before it's own clip light comes on. Does anyone know if the dd-1 is up to the task or will I fry it?
×
×
  • Create New...