Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. I don't mean pulls in when it should be pushing out. I mean that it plays in phase, but it's like the entire sine wave has shifted so that the 'zero' point is no longer true 'zero,' but like it's in the negative
  2. I should also add that it still plays bass like it should - just like it's only on the back half of the x-max
  3. Why would a subwoofer suck in under heavy bass lines? I have tries it with 3 different subs, 2 different amps, a mixer, and an iPod + phone with RCA plugs and all have the same effect of sucking in on loud bass lines. Could it be an issue with the ported box? It also happens regardless of song or sine wave
  4. As the title suggests. I would like to buy a pair of working Ascendant Audio Carbon Mids.
  5. Don't forget that it is SUPER easy to retune the box with an aero port.
  6. https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154ea1df7e42cee/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0050_IB3/product_overview.shopscript Not sure if this is what you are looking for... Can I ask why you want such a low Fs?
  7. Ohh haha My bad My friend ended up going with the soundstream
  8. If you are saying I am someone else... You are mistaken lol
  9. Do the Soundstream RUB1.2500Ds do rated?
  10. This is a post for a friend. He wants a 2000-2500w amp (1 ohm) for sub duty and wants to spend as little as possible. Assuming he already has electrical and subs to take that power - what are his options?
  11. I can't seem to find a 320kbps version of that song(or any version for that matter). Could someone here help a brother out?
  12. I totally fell for that haha. Nice troll
  13. I feel like I had a brain fart. I kept on wondering what I was doing wrong / checking the sub, etc... It turns out that my ancient voltmeter has a loose connection on the ohms terminal. I used my friends multimeter to debug and it reads the resistance just fine. Its exactly 4.0 ohms
  14. I should add that I don't have a clamp. If I hook up my DMM right to one of the coils, it measures zero and changes if I tap the sub. And let me clarify my box rise question: I want to wire the sub to 2 ohms, but my amp is rated for 4 ohms and I was wondering if I could safely have it wired. If I had a clamp, then it wouldn't have a problem - but I don't.
  15. I have a DVC power acoustik mofo. Since it's a power acoustik... I don't really trust their specs. How can I measure the resistance of a coil? And a side question: what is typical box rise?
  16. Pay someone else to deal with that and (possibly) build it too
  17. No offense taken. But it's a teenager's budget =/ and people's first cars are rarely perfect. I could go more if it was really worth it, but I don't want to.
  18. Both are within price range. What would you do? For sure a Tahoe if you can find a nice one with a lowish amount of miles on it. A lot more space and I'm pretty sure you can fit more Alts in the future Years? I would like to avoid spending more than about 2k if possible as a loose budget
  19. Haha YUP Ryan's port could swallow a man. That thing is no joke!
  20. Both are within price range. What would you do? For sure a Tahoe if you can find a nice one with a lowish amount of miles on it. A lot more space and I'm pretty sure you can fit more Alts in the future When you say more space: you mean more space then an expedition?
  21. My only caveat is that it needs to sit at least 4 with the system in it. Blowthrough possibly? What would you recommend?
  22. You didn't climax did you? I'd rather not answer
  23. Both are within price range. What would you do?
×
×
  • Create New...