Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. I did. All I saw were music editing programs and such. Nothing that will apply a real time equalizer to the audio output on my laptop
  2. Pull the wire and twist slightly at the same time. You are trying to make the outer strands of wire face slightly inward. Make sure that your cut was completely straight and not lopsided. When you put it in the amp, put the wire straight in, and twist the wire very slightly in the opposite direction of the twist (if the wire strands are twisted clockwise, turn the wire counter clockwise) to help ease the wire into the terminal without it fraying out. It worked for me when I was doing 4ga wire on a 4ga terminal. P.S. Your avatar is profoundly distracting LOL
  3. Hey thanks! Do you know of any with a graphic equalizer?
  4. I'm looking for an equalizer that will apply to all sound sources within windows. (youtube, windows sounds, etc) I tried downloading the Realtek one, but it doesn't work. I am running win7x64 on a Lenovo w700. I am open so any suggestions with my preference being free, having a graphic equalizer, and 'lightweight.'
  5. 4 bolts would be reccomended. One bolt per speaker terminal. That way you can change the wiring configuration later on if need be. See the post I made on your other thread for more info
  6. thats what happened to my dreadnaut I noticed as I was breaking in my Kicker Comps, they seemed to move more on the same amount of power, I can't comment on loudness though. I just did it free air.
  7. I like to play a 20hz tone loud enough to get the sub moving a bit, the go to sleep for the night. Wake up, it's all broken in. I see it like this: Breaking a sub in may or may not have benefits, but it has no downside. I figure that I should play it safe.
  8. I just took it to the shop and let them deal with it. Also got a top to bottom vehicle inspection, and they did my front pads + rotors. Turns out that the previous owner had tried to change the pads but stripped the caliper bolts, and they overfilled the brake fluid.
  9. I think what he means is: He has 3, DVC 2 ohm subs. He will wire each of the sub's voice coils in series so each of the 3 subs will act like a SVC 4 ohm sub, then he will wire each of the 3, 4 ohm loads in parallel to get 1.33 ohms.
  10. I poked around and talked to some friends. As fun as it would be to do it my self, I think I will take it to a trusted shop and have them to the work. From what I understand, some of the parts on there are torqued to 200-300ftlbs, which is more than I have the tools to deal with. Thanks for the help though
  11. 2002 Jeep Wrangler with 43k on it started leaking a couple drops of differential fluid from where the driveshaft goes into the differential. Where should I go from here? Get a seal kit? Replace the differential? Bite the bullet and take it to a shop and let them deal with it?
  12. Over what period of time should I pour it in? I think I did it over the course of 80-90 seconds.
  13. Straight down the throttle body. I decided against the vacuum hose since it looked like it would only get the 2 or 3 rear most cylinders in the engine. (4 liter inline 6)
  14. I seafoamed my 2002 jeep tj as per the directions on the can. When I started it up, I was expecting a huge plume like what I see in the youtube videos - but I only got about 10 second of smoke similar to what my exhaust looks like on a cold morning. Is there something I did wrong? I poured the seafoam in rather slow since I was paranoid about hydro-locking the engine.
  15. iirc its like 4.x cubic feet per sub and he has 2 rockford fosgate T2500.1BDCP on each sub, so 8 total Do you know what it's tuned at as well the port area?
  16. Hey Steve, what are the specs on your box and how much power are you running to each sub? Great job on everything. It is SO CLEAN :good: :good:
  17. Check on the youtube link. There is a download to the .wav file I used in the video info. Hey, thanks. Do you have any suggestions for better songs? As for peaking... I'm not sure, how can I check? You are absolutely right! I need to be more careful next time. I guess it comes with being a at this stuff...
  18. I would love to, but can't. No Xbox live =/ But it is on my Bday list for 5/20. I will let you know then
  19. I switched from some bad free software to paid software. Here are the results! All feedback / song requests welcome
×
×
  • Create New...