Jump to content

dmanson

Members
  • Posts

    3142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dmanson

  1. yeh i've heard of them. i've heard of a lot of companies, flowmaster is just so dang popular. i'm a go up to my nearest muffler shop and see if i can test and hear a few varies of mufflers. i normally play around on youtube, sort of helps me determine.
  2. Yeh Navy and i'm in Naples, Italy at the moment. I really hate i didn't ge the 5.4L but i don't wanna spend a ton on this truck, as said waking the engine up a little would be cool for me. i looking into procharger and that's just way to much money for a daily driver.
  3. First of all hello my SMD fam!!! Anyways I've own a 2004 Ford Expedition 4.6L 2WD with only 75,000 miles now for over 6 yrs. Now my trucks audio system is up to par times two, I'd like to get more out of my 4.6L (really wish i'd of gotten the 5.4L). Anyways I want to add the following ...... Exhaust -aftermarket headers and a nice muffler(can't decide between the flowmaster 40 or 50 series .... dont' want her too loud) and catalytic converters(thought about keeping the stocks) .....thinking dual pipes but depends on the price. Intake -Airaid or K&N cold air intake ......... throw in a throttle body spacer too. Currently i'm on deployment and want to do all these things when i get home in Sept, so i'm getting all my facts together now. I want to keep the price down as low as possible without going too cheap on this project. My 4.6L has given me no problems and i want to keep it that way but yet get more performance and power out of her and i know a good intake and exhaust system will help some. So give me your comments/ideas on this matter along with some good but inexpensive brands to go with in order to complete my project. Thanks in advance.
  4. either amp will do over rated power if you have the right electrical setup. just do a DC5k bro and save ya time searching around for a good amp.
  5. It came down to me choosing my XL18s and i went with the D.7s ....... got each wired to 1.4 and paralleled to my DC5k at a final load of .7, amp doesn't get warm and subs take the power like a champ. as for my voltage, well my DC260sp, MLA module, kinetik 2000 and XS 3100 w/ 2 runs of positive and negative ............ voltage stays above 15.2 and that's ramming it for 10 minutes straight. they'll definitely take a lil more than that 3.5k, but play it safe with your electrical.
  6. makes me wanna do twelve 8s off my DC5k in my truck. hmmmmmmmmmm
  7. I used 22 ga for mine, voltage is pretty accurate. As the others have said ... Wire it to the amp or last battery before amp.
  8. U gotta figure when u measured under the rear deck how the rear speakers will affect hitting the box. So ur 19 tall might be 16.5 or 17.
  9. U gotta figure when u measured under the rear deck how the rear speakers will affect hitting the box. So ur 19 might be 16.5 or 17.
  10. Looks nice. Yeh I need to go back and cover the openings plus the front components are only getting 70rms each and they are rated 100rms each. Thanks for the advice guys, glad I got extra fatmat left over.
  11. Good ass customer service!!!!!! I luv DC.
  12. Have you got around to sealn em up yet? If so did it make a noticable difference? Jus askn cus I may have to do the same, I do got some spare second skin layn around. My crescendos move and sound pretty good but their lacking "bass"... Mayb its time for an actual midbass instead of components, couple 8's maybe..? Haven't got around to sealing the doors just yet but I will. I'm going to order a RFT400-2 for the front components and use my punch 450.4 for the back components and tweeters.
  13. Well it all makes since now, I have a pretty good bit of sound deadner left so I'll seal up the openings. I have two 6.5components in each door so it should get pretty loud which it does and they are the RFT162s and a set of crescendo 6.5s. I know its been asked before but what's a good place for the xovers to be? So far I have them in the doors but I really don't wanna have them next to the amp and do two runs for each 6.5 and tweeter through da doors. Gotta get ready for the spring.
  14. Well guys i installed some fatmat on my front doors .... inside of door and outer part behind door panel. anyways my mid bass still doesn't sound as good. i left the openings uncovered. i see most people doing the inside of the door and completely covering the exposed side behind the panel. my high/mids amp is set to HP and i've tried AP, no luck. anyways any advice would be nice. thanks in advance.
  15. Go with da dual 2s then bro for that .7 final load. I got smart when I ordered my XLs and went with the dual .7s, wired each sub in series for 1.4 each and ran them to the amp for a final load of .7.
  16. You'd have to run that pyle amp at 18+ volts to get over 5000.
  17. I looked up the audiopipe 3500, every site said "discontinued".
  18. Funny the new AQ3500 has two inputs for power and ground but the sundown 3500 only has one input for each, does that means the AQ puts out more ..... I doubt it. Hell look at Stetsom amp ..... One input for power and the other for ground and look how much they put out ...... Need I say more .....
  19. and to think my truck sits at 15.4/15.5 all day. gonna invest in another DC260 alt and D3100, gotta treat my XLs right when my 5k comes.
  20. Definitely the big 3 and upgrade that battery. If that fails then a new alt will do it.
  21. the xs 1200 upfront and 2400 in the back will do. also do the BIG III too, it'll help on current.
  22. i can't wait to get my 5K, feels like Xmas again.
  23. [quote name=lacboi' date='17 January 2011 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1295261669' post='1357049] Word Im n the Richmond Area Hey if you're ever in norfolk or va beach, hit me up.
×
×
  • Create New...