Sundown Audio

soundigital 8k or kicker warhorse?

dblovah51

IMO the SD is a GREAT fucking amplifier, that thing is loud as hell, but to be honest with you, i don´t like it on the lows, i have 2 hifonics 2610´s strapped in my swift and it scored 150.0 @ 39 hz and does huge hairtricks, i damaged one of them and i the SD´s from my explorer at 2 ohms, that thing it´s scoring 150.7 @ 40 hz now, BUT, it´s no way near as loud on the lows, don´t ask me why, funniest thing is that it does the same score at 33 hz than the hifonics but doesn´t move the same amount of air haha, call me a boon if you want, maybe i did something wrong, but i don´t like my SD too much for the lows :peepwall:

Anyways, sorry about the long comment but i wanted you to keep that in mind :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

If you decide on the warhorse I am going to be listing mine for sale if you want it. PM me for a price.

[/q

ok cool . ever ran it at 1ohm to see the results or strictly 2ohm?

I have only run it at 2 ohms per coil. I was told by kicker techs that running it at 1ohm would not be smart so I never attempted it. If someone wants to try it and let me know what happens thats cool but I spent too much to take that chance.

If you decide on the warhorse I am going to be listing mine for sale if you want it. PM me for a price.

[/q

ok cool . ever ran it at 1ohm to see the results or strictly 2ohm?

I have only run it at 2 ohms per coil. I was told by kicker techs that running it at 1ohm would not be smart so I never attempted it. If someone wants to try it and let me know what happens thats cool but I spent too much to take that chance.

Nice thinking!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

IMO the SD is a GREAT fucking amplifier, that thing is loud as hell, but to be honest with you, i don´t like it on the lows, i have 2 hifonics 2610´s strapped in my swift and it scored 150.0 @ 39 hz and does huge hairtricks, i damaged one of them and i the SD´s from my explorer at 2 ohms, that thing it´s scoring 150.7 @ 40 hz now, BUT, it´s no way near as loud on the lows, don´t ask me why, funniest thing is that it does the same score at 33 hz than the hifonics but doesn´t move the same amount of air haha, call me a boon if you want, maybe i did something wrong, but i don´t like my SD too much for the lows :peepwall:

long comments are informative thanks!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

• 4 weeks later...

long comments are informative thanks!

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Ohio Gen 160-180 amp HO Alternator

Kicker Warhorse all the way that amplifier is a beast. I pretty much wondering who you planning to rape with those amps lol. These AOK Virgin Islands guys just MAD. Just be careful bro wouldn't want you to end up in a coma either lmfao FTW

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Ohio Gen 160-180 amp HO Alternator

Archived