Young couple found dead inside Holland home bound, bags placed over heads

HOLLAND, OHIO -- Two people were found dead at a home in a quiet Holland neighborhood Monday morning and authorities say they believe the deaths to be homicides.

Holland Police and Lucas County Sheriff's deputies arrived at 2161 Longacre, just off Pilliod Road, early Monday morning. Inside the home, authorities found the bodies of Lisa Straub, 20, and her boyfriend, John Clarke, 21.

Authorities say they are investigating the deaths as homicides. The bodies were found in the kitchen/dining room area of the home with no visible gunshot or stab wounds. Each victim's hands were bound with tape and plastic bags were placed over their heads, according to the county coroner.

The couple is thought to have been killed some time between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. Exact causes of death are pending autopsies.

There was no forcible entry relating to a home invasion; however it appeared as if someone had been searching through a part of the home, according to Lucas County Sheriff's Detective Cathy Stooksbury.

Officials are looking into the possibility that this was an attempted robbery gone wrong.

According to the Lucas County Auditor's Real Estate website, the home is owned by Lisa's parents, Jeffrey and Mary Beth Straub. The couple was said to be out of the country on vacation as of Monday morning.

Authorities were called to the home Monday by Clarke's parents, who were unable to reach him by phone. Clarke is said to have been living at the Straub home.

Straub's friends gathered outside the home Monday despite having confirmation that their friend's body had been found inside. "I don't believe it," said Straub's best friend Sarah Mettler. "She's just a very nice person, always ready to do anything."

There are some sick people in this world.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

I'm always curious what these people are thinking before and after they murder people...

Idk man their definitely fucked up in the head, but I guess they tried to fight back for awhile.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

there was 2 guys here (kokomo, indiana) few years back, they got asked to retrieve some money for a guy, so they went to a restaurant about 5 minutes from the retrieval place,m so they could say we were at this restaurant ask the people there. anyways they leave restaurant go to the housing edition, break into the guys house, (old due i think), and end up killing him and they only got 4 bucks.

they go back to the restaurant and finish their lunch, i cant remember how but they do get caught, and it turns out they were supposed to rob the house next door to that guy, so for 4 bucks and a lot of stupidity, they both got life and they were at least under 20 i know for sure

People are messed up for sure. There's been a few things like that happen around here over the last several years.

Guy was apparently off his meds and was threatening to shoot one of his kids. Wife steps in between him and the kids, he shoots her and then blows his own head off. This happened just down the road from my parents.

A guy and his wife were having marital problems. The kids don't go to school one morning, so she comes home from work to see what's going on. The dad had killed all three of his kids, then set the house on fire and he died from smoke inhalation.

Another couple from another state were having marital problems. He had hacked into his wife's and daughter's emails and found out where they were. Came here and shot the mom, their the two teenage daughters and his mother's grandma, but let his son get away. He's currently on trial.

I can't imagine hurting one of your own kids.

The criminal mind can be an interesting place. Albeit quite disturbing at times.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

The criminal mind can be an interesting place. Albeit quite disturbing at times.

I've always wanted to be a criminal profiler.

a criminal profiler would be an awesome career, but firefighting is definitely better. :good:

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

i dont understand how people can kill little kids. the most innocent people in this world

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Archived