magnum charger 300 owners

Does anyone have a ho alt. What does ur voltage sit at at idle. For some reason mine sits at >12. Wtf. Its a mechman

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

never tested mine with the stock alt but I sit at 14.4 now with my Iraggi

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Guest DC Power Rob

You just have a vehicle that has the trifecta problem, small crank pulley, small stock alt pulley, and 550 rpm idle speed... Your only going to see maybe 2000 alt rpms, on a GOOD day at idle. Look at your dyno sheet at 2k alt RPM and there's about your true idle output, but your actual idle output will be slightly lower. Don't believe what you hear about the Chrysler PCM and HO Alts, it's total, complete BS.. given my voice of regulator I'd take a Chrysler PCM ANY day over any internal voltage regulator in existence, they are that good and that strong as a field switch.

You just have a vehicle that has the trifecta problem, small crank pulley, small stock alt pulley, and 550 rpm idle speed... Your only going to see maybe 2000 alt rpms, on a GOOD day at idle. Look at your dyno sheet at 2k alt RPM and there's about your true idle output, but your actual idle output will be slightly lower. Don't believe what you hear about the Chrysler PCM and HO Alts, it's total, complete BS.. given my voice of regulator I'd take a Chrysler PCM ANY day over any internal voltage regulator in existence, they are that good and that strong as a field switch.

so how do i fix this just change the pulleys??? it really pisses me off sitting at a red light or something. the radio sounds like a walkman or something when the batterys are just about dead then when the rpms are up a bit the radio gets clear and like doubles the volume...at lower volume

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

maybe you got a dead battery or something man?

do you ahve the big 3?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

What motor do you have? What Mechman do you have? Do you have a Predator or Trinity programmer?

Edited by DreDay256

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

Guest DC Power Rob

so how do i fix this just change the pulleys??? it really pisses me off sitting at a red light or something. the radio sounds like a walkman or something when the batterys are just about dead then when the rpms are up a bit the radio gets clear and like doubles the volume...at lower volume

It's not something you can just "fix". There are a LOT of cars like this where you have conditions you cant overcome, no matter what you do. You have a small crank pulley, a very small stock alternator pulley, and a very low engine idle. The OEM's use these alternators because they can still get their required output at VERY low RPM's (your stock pulleys are akin to a set of "horsepower" pulleys), and it helps their CAFE ratings. Even running a 1.8" pulley on these cars only get's alternator RPM's up to around 18-1900 or so. Your stock alternator is the most efficient alternator there is, period. Not running something that efficient is going to end up like what you have, low output at idle. Your stock alternator will outrun any other type of old school alternator in stock or H/O form up to about 2500 alt RPM's. Unfortunately on your car, you have a pulley ratio just just cant overcome, no matter what you do. It has nothing to do with whether you got a good or bad alt, it's just in an RPM range it doesn't want to be in.