Second Skin Audio

Fi BL Opinions

MONSONwarrior

For my summer rebuild I'm considering doing either 2x the new Sundown X-12's or some Fi BL's but I'd like some opinions on the BL beforehand. The main thing I'm concerned about is that they'll be too peaky, I ran a pair of them through WinISD in 4 cubes tuned to 32hz and it showed them EXTREMELY peaky and that is not what I want.

So anyone that has heard or used these please give some input.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

I've heard the bl's love the lows.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Very ported friendly, which is why you see the big peak with a normal sized ported box. With such a low qts and vas they require a smaller than normal box for a flat response outside-of-car. But big gains can be had with a larger(in this case normal for a 12" woofer) enclosure while still keeping tuning in the low 30's.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Plus, Nick at Fi says, WinISD doesn't model their subs well.

Why are his woofers special? The Q and SSD actually model quite normal. It should be no surprise that the BL and BTL will be peakier in normal sized boxes(again, any sub with a low qts and low vas will be like this, look at the Mach 5 IXL BR), but the people using them probably wouldn't notice and would prefer it that way anyways. If they want us to avoid all t/s when making a box, and just go by their word, then why even post t/s?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived