Sonic Electronix

No company hand winds their own coils. LOL I hope your joking.

There's specific companies that use machinery to make the coils on formers, and they distribute them to the sub makers.

i know of a guy who winds his own coils but i cant remember who it was...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Fixmyspeaker.com isn't a buildhouse.

They simply recones sub.

Also, a few years ago, RD Audio claimed to wind there own coils. But it turned out to be a lie.

But youtube the how its made, loudspeaker. There is a short clip in that video of a voicecoil being made.

But IMO, its not as easy as pie. And going to a coil buildhouse would be simpler, and cost less.

Precision Ecowound(spelling) is one of the best coil makers I believe.

There's another one, a sister company that Precision but I can't think of its name.

They simply recones sub.

Also, a few years ago, RD Audio claimed to wind there own coils. But it turned out to be a lie.

But youtube the how its made, loudspeaker. There is a short clip in that video of a voicecoil being made.

But IMO, its not as easy as pie. And going to a coil buildhouse would be simpler, and cost less.

There's another one, a sister company that Precision but I can't think of its name.

wow a comment that wasnt a flame congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

They simply recones sub.

wow a comment that wasnt a flame congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You would actually be surprised at my ratio of good post vs "flame" post as you say.

They simply recones sub.

You would actually be surprised at my ratio of good post vs "flame" post as you say.

grammar and spelling is still an 8O% failure though :rofl:

but it fits the red neck title perfectly. :good:

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

They simply recones sub.

grammar and spelling is still an 8O% failure though :rofl:

but it fits the red neck title perfectly. :good:

I agree, that post I just made wasn't proper at all.

I reread it, and asked myself WTF was I thinking when I wrote that.

To late though, but at least it got the point across, so that's all that matters.

Edited by Ford302Redneck

k so ive been on google and i cant find anything on ecowound

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I've rewound a coil by hand. It is the coil I'm using on my extreme 5.25", it uses a alpine type E motor and a rewound coil, as the old one was fried.

I don't see why people are telling him not to do it? Let him try it by hand, he will soon find out how hard it is to do. But it doesn't mean it can't work, I used wire recycled from a old transformer (so it had little bends in it) which I straightened out as best as I could, then hand wound it on the former, while gluing with quick drying epoxy. It probably took me 1 and a half hours to do a 4 layer coil. It was then unwound down to a 2 layer coil to fit in the gap better.

It's not that hard to make a machine to wind them either. Look at that video, it's just a special lathe, but minus the cutting equipment mounts. Just get metal pipes with the correct diameter to make a certain sized coil, build a new speed controller to drive the motor at a lower speed, and then the wire spool holder, and winding device. You just set it up and brush on epoxy as it winds it.

At the dude who said something about building your own amp, so what? Why not? Maybe don't try and build a 10k amp from scratch, but you can get home audio amplifier kits, I have one for a 200 watt RMS ultra low distortion monoblock (or build 2 for stereo of course) it was easy enough to make.

Just take it one step at a time, and don't discourage people from trying new things.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.