Sonic Electronix

hook up a DMM set it to Ohms burp the tone and watch how many ohm you get.

Please tell me you were joking. . .

If you have a clamp to measure current, you can measure current and voltage at individual frequencies and get resistance from V=IR.

If no current meter, you can measure voltage across a known resistance on series with the sub to calculate current.

Impedance varies with frequency. The only accurate way to see what you have is to measure it at all frequencies within the subs operating range and make a plot to see what you have.

Brian

Thank you for your serious answer and not being an ass clown about it. i much appreciate it

Didnt you just make a thread on how sorry you were for being a dick to everyone? There's no need to be a smart ass he never said you were dumb. I think thats a legit answer but I'm also a noob still.

i wasnt being a smart ass i was just saying. that was only an answer a noob would take and run with.

A DMM will NOT measure ohms correctly while the circuit has voltage applied to it. Mattintc10 is correct. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I think you were confusing oldsboomer with 99vic, but he was being sarcastic and making a joke. I thought it was a little funny really. Meh...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'm sorry your correct Mattintc I didnt know your past with him I didnt know you were banned either until the thread of yours a few days ago.. again sorry!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I'm sorry your correct Mattintc I didnt know your past with him I didnt know you were banned either until the thread of yours a few days ago.. again sorry!

My past with 99vic started yesterday when he was trying to get me banned on this account even though i admitted upfront to my mistakes and everything. It wasnt the fact he was just asking the mods to do a background check its the fact that he was ignorant to see that i admitted to my mistakes and continued to tell them they should do a background check on why i was banned

I don't know any of the story. . .

Just trying to help with a subject that is very confusing to many people. A lot of people who think they understand it are still VERY confused! :-)

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived