State of Hawaii trying to ban ALL aftermarket systems

If noise abatement is your goal this is not the way to do it. This bill is in direct violation of the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act of 1979, which states approximately that the OEM cannot have a monopoly on replacement parts.

As a state which relies on small businesses imposing a bill such as this would destroy a significant portion of the vehicle repair industry, not to mention the aftermarket parts sales which bring in tax dollars to the state.

Noise abatement laws can and should be effected, but they must attack NOISE specifically. Attacking an industry as the sole source of noise is both discriminatory and unconstitutional.

Thank you for your time,

Jay Kent

Western Regional Sales Manager

T3 Audio Technoligies

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Meh, I'll have bass in my ride either way :peepwall:

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

On behalf of the car audio enthusiast in Hawaii, I would like to thank you guys who submitted testimony on this bill 1178.

Aloha

My Blood Hawaiian

My Life Hawaiian

Was Born Hawaiian

Will Die Hawaiian

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAII

Ufa Built

If anyone would like to call a reporter from the Star Advertiser please do. She is doing a story on this for today's paper and also cover tomorrow. I just gave her my comments and she would like comments from consumers...here's her phone number (808)-529-4392. Please call and get your opinion on HB1178 in print!

My Blood Hawaiian

My Life Hawaiian

Was Born Hawaiian

Will Die Hawaiian

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAII

Ufa Built

I'm also hearing about a bill that is going to make it illegal for a CAR ALARM to EMIT NOISE. That's right, they're trying to make it so if you DO have an alarm, it has to be silent. What the fuck is that going to do? Make it easier for thiefs to take cars since the alarm can't sound. These people are fucking retarded.

uh, i think we should go back to 49 states...

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Yea I was wondering the same myself. I knew Kaimana would chime in since he's a big member here and this would effect him directly, but I'm surprised Meade hasn't posted. Who knows, maybe he's doing some behind the scenes stuff trying to call big wigs. Or maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

Archived