State of Hawaii trying to ban ALL aftermarket systems

The Hawaii Car Audio community just found out today that the state is trying to pass a law that will make it ILLEGAL to "install, posses, or operate" any aftermarket system including any subwoofers, any speakers exceeding 6.5", any speaker exceeding 100 watts, etc.

The bill can be found here: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/bills/HB1178_.pdf

Most of us are just hearing about this today, and the hearing on the bill is Wednesday, Feburary 9th (yes just 2 days from today). We're trying to get as many people as possible to go down to the hearing on Wednesday (I'll be there), but we're also trying to get as many people as possible to submit testimony opposing this bill. I'm asking you, the bassheads of SMD to help us fight this bill.

Here is where you can submit testimony online: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/emailtestimony/

The bill is HB1178, put that in the first box and enter the rest of the information.

This bill is not only going to affect us bass heads down here, but the shops that install this equipment will go out of business. On top of that, all of the retailers that are partners with this site as well as those who aren't will not be able to sell their products to anybody who lives here. Please help us out, it should only take a couple of minutes.

Oh and I'm not sure if there is a specific section that this should go into, I just put it in off-topic so it wouldn't be in the wrong section persay. If the mods want to move this to a more appropriate section that would be awesome.

Any speaker exceeding one hundred watts power output;

it's a good thing they did their research and found out that speakers produced power. Fucking idiots.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

man!

thats racist......

its like stoling music from a car....

i dont like it....no no...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Chill...there's no way something so stupid would ever pass. Or I'll personally drive to Hawaii (yes drive) and punch some politicians in the face.

Hell, even if it did pass there's no way they would ever be able to enforce it.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Archived