Video card or Motherboard problem.

Alright so i have a GeForce PNY GT8800 video card and a Gatwway GT5220. So the problem is sometimes my video card works until i restart or turn off my computer. The fan on the card gets really loud and the computer power light flashes like 6 times and takes forever to turn on. When it turns on my monitor doesn't even show the start up screen or anything. I did some research and some people said it could be my motherboard, Anyone have some input to whats going wrong. I also have all the latest driver and all that good stuff.

Thanks,

Kasey

Well do the normal and reinstall your video card drivers from NVIDIA's site. I had this issue with another PC of mine but it didn't have a video card but the fans would spin up to 100% and stay there and have trouble booting.

Turns out it was the motherboard.....

If you can swap cards or plug into your motherboards VGA if it has one.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

No tis is a bios setting. You need to go into the bios and change the default start up device to pci-e.

I meant initial display adapter to pci-e

Edited by BulletInjection

unistall drivers. take the card out of the computer and clean it just to make sure its not over heating bad. the idea of taking it out is to re seat the videocard into the motherboard to rule that out. install fresh drivers from the nvidia site. reboot and see if it still happens. could be multiple issues. driver related, power supply failing, motherboard failing

what kind of power supply are you running? i really hope its not the stock gateway power supply cuz the 8800gt draws some power. i own one

also it dont matter if it wasnt failing before but it is now. does your power supply have the 6 pin for a videocard? or are you using the 4 pin to 6 pin adapter that came in the box with the card

Edited by Loudcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...