A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Coming along nicely bro! How good are those alts? I've never heard of them...is the price and quality good? I like the way you dealt with the direct leads on the DDs and wiring the box...very creative. You might consider heatshrinking/looming the pairs together, just an idea. Cant wait to see your batt rack done...looks very well designed. Keep us updated with more pics!

Thanks bro. The alts look pretty good. Price wise they retail just as much as other alts in the same power range. I took the cap off to check out the guts and they all look like quality components. As for the stator and rotor I wouldn't now how to measure them to get a rating so I'm going to trust the manufacturer on that one. Here is a pic of the alternator guts. :)

DSC03127.jpg

look legit to me.

now install that thing

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Real life progress, yay. I continued work on the battery rack again today. I made the carriage bolt pads. I started off with 4" x 2", 1/8" thick steel strip. I will be putting a square hole in the center of this piece. Here's how I did it.

The workpiece, trimmed and ready for drilling.

DSC03176.jpg

I used work's bada$$ Bridgeport Mill and vise setup to put a 1/4" pilot hole first

DSC03177.jpg

I followed that up with a 1/2" drill

DSC03178.jpg

Here I verified the size of the square on the carriage bolt. Get your 3-D glasses on. :P

DSC03169.jpg

Here I scribed out the square that I'll cut out. Just wait till you get a load of how I pull this off. :)

DSC03179.jpg

That's right, an effing jigsaw.

DSC03180.jpg

Dios mio! (My goodness!) What a hack job. Not to worry I can fix it.

DSC03181.jpg

A little file action, and presto change-o, square hole.

DSC03183.jpg

Test fit.

DSC03184.jpg

Finished product. :)

DSC03186.jpg

Stay tuned for part two of this update.

Here we go fellas, part two, The final assembly of the battery rack.

Here I'm prepping the center rails putting some 9/16" holes at the ends. A little story about this drill press. Pops got it for free from a shop he used to work at. It sat in the garage for 20 years unused. Pops said it needed a new motor, he let me have it. Just for laughs I plugged it in. Snap, it works. Let Pops know, now he needs a drill press. :P

DSC03187.jpg

Here I'm laying out the carriage bolt pad centers. I did two angle irons at a time to make sure they line up properly.

DSC03190.jpg

Here is a close-up so you can see my alignment marks. I also put an indicator at the end of the angle iron to make sure I don't mix them up.

DSC03191.jpg

This is the center section tack welded together.

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

Here I am laying out the alignment marks for the center section on the battery base. To keep things simple I added up my measurements to I can use a ruler and mark everything in one shot.

DSC03196.jpg

The finished frames ready to be welded.

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03202.jpg

A couple test fit shots.

DSC03206.jpg

DSC03208.jpg

:)

Archived