Wire/Fuse Guide

Guest SyKo13

• 5 months later...

My ca2600 ALMANI amp uses 3 30 amp fuses would it be ok to use 40 amp fuses or so??

i would stick with 30amp fuses to be safe. they are ment to blow with a certain amount of current draw...so if by chance your amp drew the full 90amps but you had three 40amp fuses in (120amps) then you may damage your amp.

ok i thought it would be best to ask this question here.

I have a 900 watts rms amp and all 1/0 gauge wire. the power wire is 20 feet long and the ground is 18 inches . what amp fuse would i need to buy?

the largest size would be the fuse rating for 1/0gauge wire, the smallest i would say would be to match the fuse size to whatever the fuses are on the amp (assuming the amps is fuses). so if you have 3 40 amp fuses on your amp, the fuse the power wire with a 120amp fuse.

i likes me some audio stuff...

i would stick with 30amp fuses to be safe. they are ment to blow with a certain amount of current draw...so if by chance your amp drew the full 90amps but you had three 40amp fuses in (120amps) then you may damage your amp.

the largest size would be the fuse rating for 1/0gauge wire, the smallest i would say would be to match the fuse size to whatever the fuses are on the amp (assuming the amps is fuses). so if you have 3 40 amp fuses on your amp, the fuse the power wire with a 120amp fuse.

With a run of 1/0gauge, I'd just slap a fat 300amp fuse in there. Might be a lil less resistance then overall. Definately stick with your amp's rated fuse size though for in the amp itself.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

With a run of 1/0gauge, I'd just slap a fat 300amp fuse in there. Might be a lil less resistance then overall. Definately stick with your amp's rated fuse size though for in the amp itself.

i would do the same...i was just giving a rough range for him though

i likes me some audio stuff...

so in the event of a shortage i would be safe? cause i really dont care about the amps i just dont want the truck to burn up. so i guess i will just use a 125A fuse.

Archived