Sonic Electronix

Generic daily music tune??

for generic daily music there arent alot of songs that will go that low, I know you think your the best box builder here since you have your own site...

with the ss set right on a box tuned at 38 it shouldnt be super loud at 30hz

Having a hard time taking criticism? You stated your opinion, and I stated mine. But notice how I didn't have to take a jab at you in the process. The point isn't whether or not there are a lot of songs that go that low, but that when you do play something that low you don't want your sub to fall on it's face.

I can take it,

but hes asking for a generic daily tune, not a flat response from 20 to 70hz..

we have pwk followers on here now.. saying that tuning doesnt matter

measure your windshield to back window

side window to other side window

then calculate your box based around the specs you just found using those as a sealed chamber around the box

it won't be perfect but it is much closer than picking a random tuning freq

wtf?

I can take it,

I'm not suggesting a flat response from 20-70hz, just reasonable output down to 30hz without having a mind-numbing peak in the 40-50hz area.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

measure your windshield to back window

side window to other side window

then calculate your box based around the specs you just found using those as a sealed chamber around the box

it won't be perfect but it is much closer than picking a random tuning freq

wtf?

hes just telling you to measure the 1/4 wave from your ox to the windshield, i think ray did that with his tests he was running, using the 1/4 wave, car resonant freq and used that to help with tuning on his box

you model it using your cabin as an sealed chamber around the box. that way you can see what freq response will be instead of picking a random resonant freq out of thin air

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

hes just telling you to measure the 1/4 wave from your ox to the windshield, i think ray did that with his tests he was running, using the 1/4 wave, car resonant freq and used that to help with tuning on his box

Which is good if you're trying to meter as loud as you can at the dash.

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

I can take it,

I'm not suggesting a flat response from 20-70hz, just reasonable output down to 30hz without having a mind-numbing peak in the 40-50hz area.

Ok, Ill post some in car freq resp charts tuned at 38hz, you will see good output down to even mid 20s, and not mind-numbing peak, port area plays a big factor into how well the box will play below tuning.

hz db

20 120.4

22 124.1

24 127.8

26 131.0

28 133.0

30 134.1

32 134.6

34 134.6

36 134.4

38 134.1

40 133.5

42 131.1

44 132.7

46 132.6

48 132.1

50 131.5

52 131.1

54 130.7

56 130.6

58 130.6

60 130.5

62 130.3

64 129.7

66 129.4

68 129.4

70 129.8

you model it using your cabin as an sealed chamber around the box. that way you can see what freq response will be instead of picking a random resonant freq out of thin air

After a box or two you get a good idea how your cabin gain works anyways. But I agree that for a first time box it's a good plan, and with future boxes you can compared anechoic response curves with the original in order to improve on the areas you want to.

Im just not following this,

how are you modeling it? in somethin like winisd? or something more fancy

Archived